Sonic Electronix

i have a problem with my subs

hey i have this propblem its happened before but i solved it now im kind of lost the enclosure specs are right. last time when i fixed it, it was a power prob(loose connection to the battery) now im a lil lost. ok when i ha d this problem last time if i turned it up to loud(i have the amps set right the subs are powered at the rms rating)the speakers would rattle kinda like they were bottoming out but the arent. I think theycall it motorboating or at least thats what my boss at the shop told me. i know it happens whenthere is either a loose connection or lack of electrical power.when i got the truck(chevy below) the dumbass had a honda car battery in it and it would do the same thing. now i have an upgraded 200amp alt(still not enough juice) and it is starting to do it again and it quit for the longest when i got the alt. could it be because of the duralast battery cuz its not a comp batt like kinetik?

plz help im trying to avoid bying a kinetik cuz of the price right now. should i jusat get a dual alt setup would that prevent it. I know i just probably answered my own question just now but i just want some feedback on it if any one has experienced this problem as well.and if there is a way to prevent cost effectively. i do not like optima i think they are way overrated

sounds like a sub's or enclosure problem not electrical do they get stinky do your lights dim? when playing it hard?

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

sounds like a sub's or enclosure problem not electrical do they get stinky do your lights dim? when playing it hard?

well of course i do not have enough charging power for it and its not and enclosure problem i stated that first thing and the subs are fine no mechanical separation. no they dont get stinky and i can go full blast all day if i could keep it charged they are powered at what they are supposed to be at and they are very underrated

you said they don't do it all the time? could you make a video so we could try and hear what your hearing this motorboatin sound

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

hey i have this propblem its happened before but i solved it now im kind of lost the enclosure specs are right. last time when i fixed it, it was a power prob(loose connection to the battery) now im a lil lost. ok when i ha d this problem last time if i turned it up to loud(i have the amps set right the subs are powered at the rms rating)the speakers would rattle kinda like they were bottoming out but the arent. I think theycall it motorboating or at least thats what my boss at the shop told me. i know it happens whenthere is either a loose connection or lack of electrical power.when i got the truck(chevy below) the dumbass had a honda car battery in it and it would do the same thing. now i have an upgraded 200amp alt(still not enough juice) and it is starting to do it again and it quit for the longest when i got the alt. could it be because of the duralast battery cuz its not a comp batt like kinetik?

plz help im trying to avoid bying a kinetik cuz of the price right now. should i jusat get a dual alt setup would that prevent it. I know i just probably answered my own question just now but i just want some feedback on it if any one has experienced this problem as well.and if there is a way to prevent cost effectively. i do not like optima i think they are way overrated

That would be so much easier to read with capitalization and spacing

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

im pretty sure that a kinetic is cheaper than a dual alt setup

97 Honda Civic Sedan

Rear disc brake conversion

2" drop

17's

lots of exterior mods

SYSTEM

SoundStream VIR-5850 Dvd player

RE 6x9's and 6.5's

Soundstream DTR4.500

Soundstream DTR1.2200

8" RE-x in a t-line

Kinetik 1800

Plans

4-SA-8's

Another Kinetik

High output alt

My Cardomain

In another topic you made, didn't you say the subs were a few years old? Maybe they're just getting worn out :unsure:

no i dont think so i said something like it took them a year to break in which shocked the hell out of me

That would be so much easier to read with capitalization and spacing

obviously the othewr guy didnt have a problem. there is spacing and punctuation but no capitalization. shouldnt be a problem to read just as long as it isn't a run on sentence i dont under stand why its so hard to read. have u seen some of the shit other people put on here