Sonic Electronix

i have a problem with my subs

you said they don't do it all the time? could you make a video so we could try and hear what your hearing this motorboatin sound

i could try to make a vid for ya. it only doe3s when im at idle or i have my headlights on or a/c on. the best way to explain it, is it sounds like a sub bottoming out but it isn't. i think i need more juice for my system cuz i checked all of my connections. that was the problem last time. the only thing i can think of now is that i have this upgraded alt, its letting the amp breathe better sao now its drawing more. the voltage drop could make the amp clip i gues thats what clipping sounds like. ive never heard an amp clip. so i dont know what it would sound like. the gains arent cranked either. they are turned as far down as they can go

hey i have this propblem its happened before but i solved it now im kind of lost the enclosure specs are right. last time when i fixed it, it was a power prob(loose connection to the battery) now im a lil lost. ok when i ha d this problem last time if i turned it up to loud(i have the amps set right the subs are powered at the rms rating)the speakers would rattle kinda like they were bottoming out but the arent. I think theycall it motorboating or at least thats what my boss at the shop told me. i know it happens whenthere is either a loose connection or lack of electrical power.when i got the truck(chevy below) the dumbass had a honda car battery in it and it would do the same thing. now i have an upgraded 200amp alt(still not enough juice) and it is starting to do it again and it quit for the longest when i got the alt. could it be because of the duralast battery cuz its not a comp batt like kinetik?

plz help im trying to avoid bying a kinetik cuz of the price right now. should i jusat get a dual alt setup would that prevent it. I know i just probably answered my own question just now but i just want some feedback on it if any one has experienced this problem as well.and if there is a way to prevent cost effectively. i do not like optima i think they are way overrated

try checking the altenater wires maybe you over looked something if i was you i would buy a couple of capaciters

to help with the bumping from the speaker.now you quoted the your speakers was knocking well if you have a pretty good gauged wired running on the inside of the box it could be the bass from the speaker knocking the wire around because i know i experianced the same thang with my light dimming i soon found out that it was my battery that was bad i soon

bought a 75 dollar new battery from samsclub and i soon checked the inside of my box

and it was my wire knocking

i fixed those problems now i am sailing smooth a ship on a good day i may not be the best of an audio person but that is

what i would do if i was you........<-----just from what i did it fixed my problems.....

Edited by Dustin

Car Owned:2000 Malibu

Stereo:Ken-wood kdc 2022

# Of woofers 4

Amp:Ken-wood

No capaciters

all woofers are 12"

Amp wattage 600 watts

(SMD) MALIBU CUSTOM AZUL TYPHOON ADDITION OR A.K.A___M.C.A.T.A

try checking the altenater wires maybe you over looked something if i was you i would buy a couple of capaciters

to help with the bumping from the speaker.now you quoted the your speakers was knocking well if you have a pretty good gauged wired running on the inside of the box it could be the bass from the speaker knocking the wire around because i know i experianced the same thang with my light dimming i soon found out that it was my battery that was bad i soon

bought a 75 dollar new battery from samsclub and i soon checked the inside of my box

and it was my wire knocking

i fixed those problems now i am sailing smooth a ship on a good day i may not be the best of an audio person but that is

what i would do if i was you........<-----just from what i did it fixed my problems.....

aappreciate the info ill look into it im gonna try hooking up a charger to it when i run my system to have sufficient power and see if that is the problem if not ill do what you said. the only problem my box was built on a platform and bolted to the frame of the truck and all of my wires are hidden under this platform so its goin to be a serious pain in the ass. im so not lookin forward to this

i bought this battery when my old batt went bad like 4 months ago and then i got my alt. 2 months afterwards. im thinking somehow i damaged my battery during the time before i got my alt somehow that fast. i know we measured the power and the amp actually came out well over 200 amps with all three goin closer to 300