Jump to content

Possible blown speaker


white4d96

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was driving down the road listening to music and I heard a loud POP! The passenger door started to smoke. My first thought was a blown speaker but alas, it seems to work fine, impedance is correct, no crunching when you push the cone in. Could I have blown the tweeter? (tested it with 17kHz and it seems to work but maybe a lil quieter than the left, but the right door was open as well...) I thought that would mess up the impedance...

Anyhow, power locks work, power windows work, speaker works, so now I'm confused.

Anyone got anything?

Too many projects, too little time...

Posted

cant think of nothing man..only thing i could think of is maybe a loose wire touched metal or some..

Posted

I'm pretty sure now that it's a popped speaker, it's progressively getting scratchier and scratchier.

Not that it owes me anything, I've been feeding it more than 4 times RMS power for months now (high passed at at least 100Hz all the while) so it was just a matter of time. Kinda surprised me that it popped so quickly and violently though.

Too many projects, too little time...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1013 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...