Jump to content

Opinions on DIY comp sets or cheap comp sets


white4d96

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was playing with the idea of making some DIY component sets using woofers and tweeters from Parts Express and making my own passive crossovers. What I want to know is if anyone else has done this and if so did they have any success with it? Last time I looked at it I priced it out to about $60 a pair with a 6db/octave crossover, probably $70 with a 12db.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone could recommend another setup for cheap around this price range. I plan on getting a cheap 55x4@4 65x4@2 amp in the coming months to power them but may upgrade that in the future. Or maybe I will run two 140x2@4 170x2@2 amps, one for front one for back. I am still debating. Long story short I want this to keep up with my bass that I should be having finally come out soon and not have to deal with blowing stuff up.

My factory front speakers are 5.25, but I may try and figure something out to make a 6.5 fit in there. The back doors I am making MDF plates for that will hold the woofers, and maybe the tweeters will go with them or on the top of the door, I'm not sure. Anyhow, size isn't an issue back there.

Anyone?

Too many projects, too little time...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 920 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...