Second Skin Audio

New System Build - Input/Suggestions Welcome

SVB847

I have have had several systems in the past, but have finally decided to go big. First off, this will be going into a 2000 Chevy Suburban LT. I have found a great deal on a RF equipment through one of my vendors, so that is what I plan to run for my amps and subwoofers. I will be using 4 - T1500.1bd amps and 4 T215D2 subs.. I have always wanted to do a wall system and figured I would give it a shot. I have measured and it looks like I will have approx. 21sqft if I was to stay behind the third row seating. From my research it looks like the T215's call for about 3.25cuft tuned to 38hz, after displacement of the port and woofer just over 4ft per. So it looks like I will have enough space to stay behind the 3rd row. My concern is having a wall setup so far back in the vehicle. Would this defeat the purpose of doing a big setup? Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2000 Chevy Suburban
Pioneer AVHP8400BH
8 - 18" Fi SP4 Subwoofers (fully loaded)

B Pillar 4th Order (75 cubes)
2 - Ampere Audio 8.0 TFE Amps

RF T6004 Amp
RF T4002 Amp
4 - Selenium 8W4P Mids
8 - Selenium 6W4P Mids
6 - Crescendo XST2 Supertweeters

2 - Selenium ST200 Supertweeters
DC Power 320 Alt & Js Ultimate 270

11 - Group 31 Bats
Build Log:
http://www.stevemead...01bdcp-updated/

Team GG

I've seen them done behind the 3rd row gonna loose a little pressure but if this is mainly for the street shoud not be a problem might just be better though to just do the four firing up your choice the setup sounds good by the way

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

I've seen them done behind the 3rd row gonna loose a little pressure but if this is mainly for the street shoud not be a problem might just be better though to just do the four firing up your choice the setup sounds good by the way

Thanks for the advice! It will be for street use, some comps, but I would love to finally have a crazy loud setup. I hear that subs up, port back would be good as well, however I would have to lose the third row. I may be willing to do that if it is going to make a huge difference.

2000 Chevy Suburban
Pioneer AVHP8400BH

RF T6004 Amp
RF T4002 Amp
4 - Selenium 8W4P Mids
8 - Selenium 6W4P Mids

11 - Group 31 Bats
Build Log:

Team GG

well four fifteens with the right power will be crazy loud fosho! maybe try listening to the two different setups in some vehicles similar to yours if you can and then make your choice

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

you cant get 4 15's behind the thrid row if you wanted to do subs up and port back. i have a nice 8 cube box that fits behind my third row with 2 15's up port back and it pounds damn good off 800w per sub. i got a 147.6 out of it. i always wanted to keep my third row, but i use it alot less than i thought i would. only thing that goes back there is groceries. i say if you wall it, ditch the third row. also if you do plan on competeing in db Drag find out what class you will be in cause a wall might throw you into a class you cant compete in, my setup put me into Extreme 2+ which belive me i cannot compete in. bass race is different.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

you cant get 4 15's behind the thrid row if you wanted to do subs up and port back. i have a nice 8 cube box that fits behind my third row with 2 15's up port back and it pounds damn good off 800w per sub. i got a 147.6 out of it. i always wanted to keep my third row, but i use it alot less than i thought i would. only thing that goes back there is groceries. i say if you wall it, ditch the third row. also if you do plan on competeing in db Drag find out what class you will be in cause a wall might throw you into a class you cant compete in, my setup put me into Extreme 2+ which belive me i cannot compete in. bass race is different.

Thanks! Thats what I was thinking.. I would def has to scrap the 3rd row to go with them firing up.. Your right, I never really use the rear cargo or the third row, it just seems like a waste to have a vehicle capable of carrying 7, cut down to 4 since I have the bucket seats for the 2nd row..

2000 Chevy Suburban
Pioneer AVHP8400BH

RF T6004 Amp
RF T4002 Amp
4 - Selenium 8W4P Mids
8 - Selenium 6W4P Mids

11 - Group 31 Bats
Build Log:

Team GG

Any other thoughts or input?! Thanks again!

2000 Chevy Suburban
Pioneer AVHP8400BH

RF T6004 Amp
RF T4002 Amp
4 - Selenium 8W4P Mids
8 - Selenium 6W4P Mids

11 - Group 31 Bats
Build Log: