Wrx Wagon air suspension

a friend of mine here in hawaii had a bagged WRX....it was just for show. he never drove fast with his car. but he used a kit from airbagit.com. worked well but the ride sucked a bit. ever thought about Universal Air Suspension?... check out there site. if they dont have a kit for your car then they will make one.

808 All Day Baby.. Yes Im From Hawaii & No I Dont Live In a Grass Shack

1990 2 Door 4Runner

- Kenwood KDC-MP642U (changing out for a pioneer soon)

- Pioneer speakers up front w/ tweets (in progress)

- 18ft. of 0gauge, (3) 150 amp ANL Fuse

- Sundown Sae-1200D

- Stinger Blue Volt Meter

- Yellow top up front, Die hard in the rear ( i know i know!!! it willl be changed soon!!)

- 15 Fi Q

- 4 cube box tuned to 31hz

I used a full kit from Air lift company.com, bolt on air struts, no welding - just a bolt on kit.

At over $3000.00 for a basic kit being all 4 wheels are air struts VS air cylinders -- I would consider it a high end kit.

As for my alt issues i never knew it sucked so much power from my basic alt. some cars dont put out alot of amps, like mine, I didnt know -

even with a brand new kit and bolt on install and a nice alignment, I sadly had problems, As stated you may not have any for a long time.

But listing the issues I have had if anything is good to know.

the lower you ride the better, and i have bottomed out because of the need for a nice ride based on junky roads

You have a awesome car just make sure to buy a nice kit, or have someone with air ride experience help get your car bagged with a universal kit.

I think at the end of the day if you was to ask me and many other people who are bagged would they ride stock- they would say no. its still worth it somehow lolol

good luck - sorry if i was a dark cloud over what you want to do.

144+ DB'S OUT OF A CONVERTIBLE

12" Funky Pup Subwoofer (The worlds most powerful subwoofer)

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Rockford Fosgate - Rear Speakers

KnuKonceptz - 0 Gauge Wire

KnuKonceptz SS Karma - 10 Gauge Sub Wire

KnuKonceptz - Krystal Kable Rca

Big 3 - Upgrade - 0 Gauge

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

don't let someones bad experience stop you from doing what you want. I have had multiple bagged cars and trucks, some with issues and some without. It is all how you set it up. If what you want to do is air it out when you park you will be fine. You can cruise around all day at a lowered height that you get it aligned at then do what you want with it when you park. Most of your problems will come from cruising around hitting the switches. Yes parts will wear out faster if you do this but the list he posted is nearly all attributed to bad install or being stupid when you drive.

new tires - camber wear ate them up fast: It will do this even if you lower it without getting it aligned. POOR setup and or maintenance.

cv axle boots busted - both sides: It is an OLD car what do you expect. Cruising while hitting side to side can cause this too.

wheel bearings begin to go out: IMO this has nothing to do with air ride and need not be addressed.

bottomed out the oil pan: This is just driver error and need not be addressed.

i have bought 3 alternators: You have an entire thread where people have addressed this and you still blame it on your air ride. BUY the right alternator.

bad air bag: 99% of the time this is a factory defect or poor installation. Properly set up you should not have this problem unless you hit something.

new valves and a new compressor: Either cheap equipment to start with or poor install because I have had trouble free Viair compressors and Parker valves for years.

Not trying to be an ass about this but don't tell someone not to bag a car based on your poorly designed setup. Properly installed air ride can be trouble free for years with only basic maintenance required to keep it working properly.

I say if you want to do it then go for it but make sure you either get an experienced installer to put it in and do a lot of research and get all the right stuff the first time so that there aren't problems like described above.

Thanks bro. im new into this world my wagon used to run low 12's with the stock turbo in it, now i was looking for something i always wanted to do and not get in trouble for it, my right foot is very heavy. my car sits very low now on coils and they are set to fully stiff because i am tucking 18X8.5 so i dont kno how much worse it can get. all i would do is drive one height and then get to where i got to go and put it down on the floor. Not looking to track it the system weighs a lot rims weigh a lot so its not even worth it to me anymore. I have a professional ordering and installing the parts for me when i am ready.

I used a full kit from Air lift company.com, bolt on air struts, no welding - just a bolt on kit.

At over $3000.00 for a basic kit being all 4 wheels are air struts VS air cylinders -- I would consider it a high end kit.

As for my alt issues i never knew it sucked so much power from my basic alt. some cars dont put out alot of amps, like mine, I didnt know -

even with a brand new kit and bolt on install and a nice alignment, I sadly had problems, As stated you may not have any for a long time.

But listing the issues I have had if anything is good to know.

the lower you ride the better, and i have bottomed out because of the need for a nice ride based on junky roads

You have a awesome car just make sure to buy a nice kit, or have someone with air ride experience help get your car bagged with a universal kit.

I think at the end of the day if you was to ask me and many other people who are bagged would they ride stock- they would say no. its still worth it somehow lolol

good luck - sorry if i was a dark cloud over what you want to do.

No u didnt trust me its my car i do wat i want but thats just the way i am, my car left the dealship and the next day 2gs worth of parts went in it, ive been on coils for about a year and a half and it is a bumpy ride i dont kno how much worse it can get but i kno i feel everything in the road and i mean everything, so i dont kno i got a lot of thinking to do and im going to ride in my buddies maxima and see how that rides and ill go from there

Archived