Wrx Wagon air suspension

Is there anything out there. I always been into wanting to show up anywhere and lay the car on the floor so now is the time lol. Was into the whole street racing blah blah blah now im trying to keep myself out of trouble. Not looking for hopping or anything crazy like that but i would like to be able to if i wanted to leave the front in the air and drop the back or vice versa or leave it on one side or another. Help! lol

You will kill that car with air ride,

I have bags on my other car,

you axles will go faster and wheel bearings, and being awd it will be ever worse.

Not a good ideal. That car needs a nice set of jic magic coil overs.

144+ DB'S OUT OF A CONVERTIBLE

12" Funky Pup Subwoofer (The worlds most powerful subwoofer)

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Rockford Fosgate - Rear Speakers

KnuKonceptz - 0 Gauge Wire

KnuKonceptz SS Karma - 10 Gauge Sub Wire

KnuKonceptz - Krystal Kable Rca

Big 3 - Upgrade - 0 Gauge

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

its a subaru... it dont need bags drop it a little bit and take off the turbo so u dont get in trouble lol

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

even if i do airstruts it will mess it up that bad?

Yes, If you drive ass up or ass down, all the pressure of the cars weight will shift and wear out parts fast,.

Also by changing the geometry of suspension, everything will change and the rear diff will go and so on.

its just not a good ideal.

My car is only fwd, I have already bought

new tires - camber wear ate them up fast.

cv axle boots busted - both sides

wheel bearings begin to go out.

bottomed out the oil pan

i have bought 3 alternators

bad air bag,

new valves and a new compressor

Its not cheap to have on some cars.

I would just lower it a little and get some go fast goodies.

144+ DB'S OUT OF A CONVERTIBLE

12" Funky Pup Subwoofer (The worlds most powerful subwoofer)

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Rockford Fosgate - Rear Speakers

KnuKonceptz - 0 Gauge Wire

KnuKonceptz SS Karma - 10 Gauge Sub Wire

KnuKonceptz - Krystal Kable Rca

Big 3 - Upgrade - 0 Gauge

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

Yes, If you drive ass up or ass down, all the pressure of the cars weight will shift and wear out parts fast,.

Also by changing the geometry of suspension, everything will change and the rear diff will go and so on.

its just not a good ideal.

My car is only fwd, I have already bought

new tires - camber wear ate them up fast.

cv axle boots busted - both sides

wheel bearings begin to go out.

bottomed out the oil pan

i have bought 3 alternators

bad air bag,

new valves and a new compressor

Its not cheap to have on some cars.

I would just lower it a little and get some go fast goodies.

don't let someones bad experience stop you from doing what you want. I have had multiple bagged cars and trucks, some with issues and some without. It is all how you set it up. If what you want to do is air it out when you park you will be fine. You can cruise around all day at a lowered height that you get it aligned at then do what you want with it when you park. Most of your problems will come from cruising around hitting the switches. Yes parts will wear out faster if you do this but the list he posted is nearly all attributed to bad install or being stupid when you drive.

new tires - camber wear ate them up fast: It will do this even if you lower it without getting it aligned. POOR setup and or maintenance.

cv axle boots busted - both sides: It is an OLD car what do you expect. Cruising while hitting side to side can cause this too.

wheel bearings begin to go out: IMO this has nothing to do with air ride and need not be addressed.

bottomed out the oil pan: This is just driver error and need not be addressed.

i have bought 3 alternators: You have an entire thread where people have addressed this and you still blame it on your air ride. BUY the right alternator.

bad air bag: 99% of the time this is a factory defect or poor installation. Properly set up you should not have this problem unless you hit something.

new valves and a new compressor: Either cheap equipment to start with or poor install because I have had trouble free Viair compressors and Parker valves for years.

Not trying to be an ass about this but don't tell someone not to bag a car based on your poorly designed setup. Properly installed air ride can be trouble free for years with only basic maintenance required to keep it working properly.

I say if you want to do it then go for it but make sure you either get an experienced installer to put it in and do a lot of research and get all the right stuff the first time so that there aren't problems like described above.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

did some searching and found these pics

http://www.slotmedia.co.nz/subaru-wrx-2000-air-bagged/

with a Macpherson Strut front suspension its not going to get very low with a bolt on application

With the strut bags it is all about where the lower bag mount is welded onto the strut. You can make it lay out pretty low. The pictures in your link have it tucking tire on a big wheel so it may be the inner fender stopping it more than the strut.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Archived