need help with a math project please (very simple)

lol, u'll be better off to simplify the equation of quantum physics

but good luck with this

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

lol, u'll be better off to simplify the equation of quantum physics

but good luck with this

:rofl: Thanks. I needed the laugh.

Oh, and I'm ever closer. My most recent draft of the formula says Meade could hit a 157 sealed up at the dash off of ~ 16kW. A little less than it took him to actually hit that score (according to what I found).

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

use my car as a proof

3 18's, 4500wrms, 148.7 db best

theres so much more than cone area and power that figure in to the output. an 8th order can have 15-20db of gain over a sealed box once the transfer function of a car is worked in. even a ported box can make a 10-15db difference.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

LOL. What, the thread or my though process? :D

BTW, I think I'm even closer. Assuming the TL mic is approx. .3" in diameter, then the formular works! I'm kinda happy, but don't want to celebrate too early.

Thanks man.

And that info completely blows the formula out of the water. LOL. Oh well. But then agian, maybe not.

Oh, and yeah, SPL is logarithmic. That's part of my formula.

No prob. I would be interested in seeing ur formual tho, being a phys/math person i might be able to help....one thing u could do is derive an equation on how much preasure it takes on the diaphram on the mic sensor to create a certain spl level...but the actauly power/cone area to creat that preasure is deff somethign no forumla can explain

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

use my car as a proof

3 18's, 4500wrms, 148.7 db best

theres so much more than cone area and power that figure in to the output. an 8th order can have 15-20db of gain over a sealed box once the transfer function of a car is worked in. even a ported box can make a 10-15db difference.

Cool. I'll try.

No prob. I would be interested in seeing ur formual tho, being a phys/math person i might be able to help....one thing u could do is derive an equation on how much preasure it takes on the diaphram on the mic sensor to create a certain spl level...but the actauly power/cone area to creat that preasure is deff somethign no forumla can explain

I'll have to post a scan of the paper I'm using tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

+/- 5dB is the difference between me having a 150 or barely being able to do the 39.9 bass race class so I don't think your formula will be quite as accurate as you think.

still pretty interesting to figure out your own formula... props :good:

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

+/- 5dB is the difference between me having a 150 or barely being able to do the 39.9 bass race class so I don't think your formula will be quite as accurate as you think.

still pretty interesting to figure out your own formula... props :good:

Thanks man.

And I know it's not that accurate, but that's the maximum error I'm going to allow myself in the final formula.

I'm going to sleep on it and work some more tomorrow.

thanks for all the replies, they've been helpful.

Edited by 1992Chevy K1500

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

Even though this would hardly ever be accurate. unless you were able to get cabin volume, frequency, vehicle flex and random little things in it, but would still be off

but.. what should get done is have the formula posted for all the little noobies that come on and ask if i got 2 btls on my hifonics 2010, what db do you think ill hit?? they wont think anythin of how it could be wrong hah

Even though this would hardly ever be accurate. unless you were able to get cabin volume, frequency, vehicle flex and random little things in it, but would still be off

but.. what should get done is have the formula posted for all the little noobies that come on and ask if i got 2 btls on my hifonics 2010, what db do you think ill hit?? they wont think anythin of how it could be wrong hah

LOL.

Unfortunately, that's the problem. I figured it out in my sleep. Basically, you need to include the following:

vehicle interior space, distance between the subs and the mic, number of woofers, cone area, xmax of subs, area of the mic's diaphragm (or whatever it is that measures pressure), area of the opening to the diaphragm (assuming it's in a nearly sealed box with one small hole in it; hard to explain, but it's important), location of the port, port area, internal box volume, objects that might reflect the sound pressure from the mics (seats, possibly dash, etc.), any air leaks (no matter how small), how many air leaks, location of air leaks, how much air moves through the air leaks in a given time, temerature, moisture content (air is easier to compress than water), power going to each sub, and any potential flex.

A lot more than I originally thought. :o

Thanks for the input though, it helped.

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png