What Alarms are really good, what are Junk???

Posted in a few places trying to see what everyone thinks.... (cool, this form has a place for Alarm Questions!!!)

Anyway, So I got a new (to me) Daily Driver... Its a 2005 Chevy Trail Blazer... Needs an Alarm...

Cliff Notes:

Before I haul off and put a few K into an audio system, I kinda want to get a really good Alarm...

What Systems are the Best and Why???

What Systems are are POS and Why???

I'm trying to do alot of reading and researching on this to make sure I make a good descision..

My concerns are the Alarm being a POS and the install being a POS...

The reason, my last two Alarms were DEI - Viper systems...

Long Story if you wanna Read the whole Novel:

The 1st (a low end unit, prolly a dealer add on) came on my 1996 GMC Sonoma, Ex Cab, when I bought it... It fried or something and left me stranded in a lot... After checking every fuse and connection I could find and making a few phone calls, I finally, just unplugged the big wiring harness that goes in each side of the brain and it started and drove fine no problems, cept no more crappy alarm...

Second was a higher end Viper on my 2000 Blazer thats my play around vehicle mostly used for crusing and car shows...

I can't remember the model, but it was the one that has the two way remotes that have the LCD of a truck and shows it running (via autostart), shows shock senser, Glass Break Senser, what Zone was tripped, etc...

I had about every option too... Three back up sirens each with Backup Batts, a hidden back up bat for the brain, Interior Pain Generator (damn that thing was LOUD) and anything else they had to add on at the time...

This thing was problems from the start, The batteries in the remote only lasted a week or so, not long after I had it I discovered that everytime I used the Autostart, it caused problems with the transmission and shifting out of 1st, till I let it sit for awhile, and turned it off and on a few times it would straighen up... The I had problems with the lights and locks... It goes on and on.....

I tried to take it back to the plae that did it, but it had been like 3 months and while I was in the process of fighting with them, they up and closed their doors... Outta Business...

So, I'm a bit shy on spending good money on a alarm and having it give me a ton of headache...

There are so many wires and the newwer vehicles are so F'in complicated.... Gives me pimples...

Cause when you have problems, What do you do? The Car Dealer will Blame it on the Alarm Dealer while But Raping you and not fixing it, the Alarm Dealer will just Blame it on the Car Dealer while you are just ass out stuck...

OK, Enough of my ranting...

Back to Business...

What Systems are the Best and Why???

What Systems are are POS and Why???

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"