Sonic Electronix

and in response to your signature, check definition #3 lol

yea I was hopin no-one would read that far down...lol

but yea, fiberglass...(my bad)

I want to re-do my trunk so I have the 2x 12's runnin on the sides, and put a 15inch L5 in the middle layin flat.

Should I go ported or sealed on thesE?

skittlez- the coolest most awsomeist person everDefination of the name

yea I was hopin no-one would read that far down...lol

but yea, fiberglass...(my bad)

I want to re-do my trunk so I have the 2x 12's runnin on the sides, and put a 15inch L5 in the middle layin flat.

Should I go ported or sealed on thesE?

what 12's are they? dont mix and match subs it just wont sound right and you will have cancellation issues, id go ported for sure but thats all personal opinion and it depends on what your goals are for it

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

what 12's are they? dont mix and match subs it just wont sound right and you will have cancellation issues, id go ported for sure but thats all personal opinion and it depends on what your goals are for it

the 12s are Kicker L5's...I knw not to mix subs... I want to make the whole system RF except the subs.

but anyway, what's really the difference between sealed and ported?

I'm going for SPL., I figure Mr. Meade, turned a honda civic into a SMD. I'm gonna make a nissan sentra...plus I have still yet to see a sentra beat hard. I figure run 6100watts through it... :search: I've seen a video on youtube with a dude, running around 11.xx through the cap...I'm running average of 14.50

Edited by SkittleZ

the 12s are Kicker L5's...I knw not to mix subs... I want to make the whole system RF except the subs.

but anyway, what's really the difference between sealed and ported?

I'm going for SPL., I figure Mr. Meade, turned a honda civic into a SMD. I'm gonna make a nissan sentra...plus I have still yet to see a sentra beat hard. I figure run 6100watts through it... :search: I've seen a video on youtube with a dude, running around 11.xx through the cap...I'm running average of 14.50

just do the 2 12" L5's in a ported box, ported box is much louder if done properly and has the potential to sound great

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

how about 2 AQ hdc 12s.... if your going for spl why not just get some good subs that can take alot of power? instead of mixing subs like that...

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

well, I wanna make show just as much as SPL.

I wanna make it sound like there's a sh*t ton of bass, because there is a ton...you know?

Ok, since I already have the the 12's in a ported box...what can I do to improve on box-wise. It's a crappy custom box.

What's the best material, and how do I make it properly?

Thanks for the idea on the AQ hdc's. I want to try them out, prolly on the next car...

go get a sheet of 3/4" mdf and make a box to the specs of your subs...

Edited by Nic

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(