Sonic Electronix

planet amp stuck in protect

i just bought a planet audio 1250.1 and i hooked it up and everything was working just fine and suddenly it went into protect i have done everything i turned all the settings down i unhooked speakers and rca's and checked the fuses the amp will not come out of protect it is hooked up on to kicker cvr's at 1.8 ohms so is it fried or am i not doing something

2000 toyota tacoma ext. cab

JVC AH-59 head unit

knukonceptz 4ga kolossus Amp kit

hifonics brutus 1200D

2 Kicker CVR 12

prefab vented enclosure

i just bought a planet audio 1250.1 and i hooked it up and everything was working just fine and suddenly it went into protect i have done everything i turned all the settings down i unhooked speakers and rca's and checked the fuses the amp will not come out of protect it is hooked up on to kicker cvr's at 1.8 ohms so is it fried or am i not doing something

did you disconnect everything including power for more than 30 min? some times it takes a few seconds for these pa amps to go into regular mode.

Also, Did you check your ground connection? both at the amp and where ever it is being grounded. My Hifonics TITAN amp whent in to protect mode all of a sudden and it took me a while to find the problem...everything looked ok but my ground on the frame was not good enough. so check that if all else fails

Archived