Second Skin Audio

TSNS 18 Box thread

Which way are you firing the sub + port(s)??

For the huge amount of power you're running here is my suggestion --> 4.75ft3 @ 34hz, 38-47.5in^2 of port area using a single 8" aeroport.. Idk what works best as far as which way sub/port(s) are firing or I'd suggest that also. I'm guessing woofer forward, port facing upwards or something of that manner. Do a design using an 8" aero, let me know how long it needs to be including flare, and I'll cut one of my extra eight inchers down if I have one long enough.

for sure how long as the flares?

Roseville, CA

for sure how long as the flares?

I only have full ports and didn't have anything to measure them with when I went out to my storage.. I have 3 different 8" full PVC ports that I flared the ends with, all were used on old boxes that I did. The three range from around 8" to I think around almost 20" on the longest one. Like I said before just do a design off the specs I left in my last post(if u want to go that route) and if u end up using that for your actual enclosure I'll cut one of my old ports down to fit whatever u need.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

External aeros = the ugly loudness lol... After u get the specs all done, let me know how long the port has to be to get around the 33-35hz tuning and then I'll work on getting it cut/flared for ya.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace