Alright i wanna know...

They are infinite baffle sub woofers, meaning they have a different QTS, or suspension stiffness. They can handle more power than a regular subwoofer in an infinite baffle setup because they have a suspension stiffness that allows them to handle being run in an enclosure that is usually very large. I couldn't tell you about Fs, but it's not like you can tune an IB setup to a certain frequency, you're just kinda working with your trunk... Generally speaking though, a well constructed IB setup has an extremely flat response from 20 - 60 Hertz. My setup is IB.

Edited by JDirty96

They are infinite baffle sub woofers, meaning they have a different QTS, or suspension stiffness. They can handle more power than a regular subwoofer in an infinite baffle setup because they have a suspension stiffness that allows them to handle being run in an enclosure that is usually very large. I couldn't tell you about Fs, but it's not like you can tune an IB setup to a certain frequency, you're just kinda working with your trunk... Generally speaking though, a well constructed IB setup has an extremely flat response from 20 - 60 Hertz. My setup is IB.

very good info

Roseville, CA

Does having stuff in the trunk affect the sound. Like throwing a couple pair's of shoes in the trunk or like a sweater or two?? Maybe even some groceries?

Random vids of the Avalanche My link

Team Bass-Hz

Does having stuff in the trunk affect the sound. Like throwing a couple pair's of shoes in the trunk or like a sweater or two?? Maybe even some groceries?

I didn't even get to play with it that long before I came back up to college. I got a week off for Thanksgiving, worked my ass off deadening, building, installing amps, speakers, tweeters, deck, running wires, etc... I tested it with nothing at all in the trunk for a few days, cleaned the car, and came back up to college. I'll let you know around December 20th or so. I'd have to believe something big would definitely change the tuning/ airspace, but I wouldn't think small stuff, that doesn't rattle - unlike plastic bags - would have any affect on the sound at all. The whole trunk is sealed off from the cabin, so you shouldn't be able to hear it from the inside of the car. I'll let you know in a week and a half though. I still have a lot of things I wanna play with. Maybe gain a little more SPL.

Edited by JDirty96