Sonic Electronix

2nd battery install... what do i need to know? UPDATED

the way i have mine set up is i have postive 0 gauge ran from front to back with a fuse between them with the fuse at the front, then i have a ground from the batt in the back to a ground. After that from the 2nd batt to the amp i got positive wire with a fuse in between, and my ground for the amp is hooked to the negative on the 2nd batt. Mine works fine. Try that if everything else is confusing u.

Let's say you get a short in the positive wire half way down your car.

The fuse at the front immediately pops.

No fuse to the rear battery. Let's say your average yellowtop dumps about 1500A at short circuit.

Do you carry marshmallows in your car? Because when you try to stick 1500A through a single run of 0 gauge, you're gonna be making s'mores on the flames coming out the roof.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Let's say you get a short in the positive wire half way down your car.

The fuse at the front immediately pops.

No fuse to the rear battery. Let's say your average yellowtop dumps about 1500A at short circuit.

Do you carry marshmallows in your car? Because when you try to stick 1500A through a single run of 0 gauge, you're gonna be making s'mores on the flames coming out the roof.

ok now im confused and worried lol, i dont want my car to blow up haha, so what is the best safest way?

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

7 cubes 32hz slot ported box

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

ok now im confused and worried lol, i dont want my car to blow up haha, so what is the best safest way?

I would say take it to a car audio shop to have the second battery installed properly ran. You wouldn't want to see an invest like that go up in smoke. If you plan on running that much power, I would definitely look at Kinetic batteries or something in that area.

It's not what others think. It's what you like. Fuck them haters.

I would say take it to a car audio shop to have the second battery installed properly ran. You wouldn't want to see an invest like that go up in smoke. If you plan on running that much power, I would definitely look at Kinetic batteries or something in that area.

yeh i think i will do that, and still people agree to no need for a cap?

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

yeh i think i will do that, and still people agree to no need for a cap?

Caps are pretty useless unless you have no voltage drop, it may look like its helping but once it discharges(which will happen relitively quick, then it is just another load added to your alt to charge. Just go with a battery even if it is something small like an Kinetik HC600 would be a thousand times better than a Cap. The shops will tell you anything most of the time to get you to dish out money to them. Heck I had a the guy at the local shop trying to tell me that a JL W7 would walk all over a DC LVL5 in output, and telling me that DC is a trash company, when I knew he was wrong.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Caps are pretty useless unless you have no voltage drop, it may look like its helping but once it discharges(which will happen relitively quick, then it is just another load added to your alt to charge. Just go with a battery even if it is something small like an Kinetik HC600 would be a thousand times better than a Cap. The shops will tell you anything most of the time to get you to dish out money to them. Heck I had a the guy at the local shop trying to tell me that a JL W7 would walk all over a DC LVL5 in output, and telling me that DC is a trash company, when I knew he was wrong.

thanks m8, yeh i knew something was fishy about that, im going to get some qoutes on a battery today from batteryworld, but before i do, what do you guys think is a good battery, once again these are my amps.

AQ2200D (arriving next week) this will power my FI 18" btl and will be running of the 2nd battery.

JL G4500 500W for my mids n highs, running of 1st battery currently.

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

hey guys just got a qoute on a battery from battery world, what you think.

Optima D3JYT Yellow Top

the guy says i should replace my main battery and just put this in, no need for 2nd battery,, what u guys think?

also if you think i should get a 2nd battery instead, what type?.

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

hey guys just got a qoute on a battery from battery world, what you think.

Optima D3JYT Yellow Top

the guy says i should replace my main battery and just put this in, no need for 2nd battery,, what u guys think?

also if you think i should get a 2nd battery instead, what type?.

get another yellow top, a D34

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

Autopage 2 way remote start alarm system

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

1 AQ2200D (soon to be 2).

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

RF 6.5 comp set (soon to come)

1 run of Stinger 1/0 guage (soon to be 3)

All of the above is all gone

Currently own a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

No audio components.