I need wiring suggestions please

I will be ordering my wiring within the next day or so and need some suggestions to make sure I get correct lengths. I currently have the big 3 done and a deka under the hood in my crew cab Gmc Sierra and will have a new alt in before the new install. In place already is a fused run of 2awg that powers a small sub amp and mids/highs amp. I plan to leave this run there and it will be used strictly for mids/highs. I figure no matter what amp I upgrade to in the future, this will be sufficient for that purpose.

The sub amp I will be using is an AQ3500D. I was thinking of doing a new run of Knu Kolossus Fleks 1/0 from the front batt to a G31 deka in the back. Fused at the front batt and just before the rear one. Then a + from the back batt to the amp, a - from the back batt to the amp and ground the back battery to the frame. Would this be the best way to do it? Please let me know...btw, I do have space to place the g31 under the hood but from what I have read it's better near the sub amp.

I will be ordering my wiring within the next day or so and need some suggestions to make sure I get correct lengths. I currently have the big 3 done and a deka under the hood in my crew cab Gmc Sierra and will have a new alt in before the new install. In place already is a fused run of 2awg that powers a small sub amp and mids/highs amp. I plan to leave this run there and it will be used strictly for mids/highs. I figure no matter what amp I upgrade to in the future, this will be sufficient for that purpose.

The sub amp I will be using is an AQ3500D. I was thinking of doing a new run of Knu Kolossus Fleks 1/0 from the front batt to a G31 deka in the back. Fused at the front batt and just before the rear one. Then a + from the back batt to the amp, a - from the back batt to the amp and ground the back battery to the frame. Would this be the best way to do it? Please let me know...btw, I do have space to place the g31 under the hood but from what I have read it's better near the sub amp.

The best way to wire up an extra battery is direct connections, front + to back +, front - to back -, then back + to amp, back - to amp; which is a better connection than grounding to the frame. Grounding to the frame does works too though, but a direct connection is the best way to do it. The way I am thinking right now, it will not matter if the battery is upfront or in the back, because no matter what you will still have the runs from front to back, weather it is to the extra battery or the amp, so you will still be seeing the same resistance, or very close to the same.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Archived