Second Skin Audio

Box help for 2 AQ HDC3 12's

I have a 2002 2 door chevy blazer. I just bought two bass a** subs and i need a box that they can really perform in. I want my this thing to be a groundpounder. I am sorta looking towards subs up and port back for my type of setup. My max external dimensions are 37.5" W x 24" D x 17" H. and i am looking for it to be tuned about 38-39hz.

Got something somewhere i can make a few changes to to make the tuning work with an AQ. 37-38 is good. What kinda music do you like? They drop low with 38 but from what ive seen get nasty with low tuning.

I used to have a blazer so i got a few deisngs for those things floating around on my laptop and on the interwebz.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Got something somewhere i can make a few changes to to make the tuning work with an AQ. 37-38 is good. What kinda music do you like? They drop low with 38 but from what ive seen get nasty with low tuning.

I used to have a blazer so i got a few deisngs for those things floating around on my laptop and on the interwebz.

the type of music that i play mostly is rap. 38 sounds good to me. and thanks man. i really appriciate it.

I have 1 AQ 2200 right now. in the future i will have 2 AQ 2200's

1 AQ 2200 should be good enough for now. You can optimize the potential of those subs with two.

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

What amp you using? How many watts?

I have mine in about 3.8 cubic ft. It's small due to my trunk being a jerk with the trunk lids arms. It's tuned to about 36Hz and slams pretty good. May tube to about 37/38 next go round in the truck.

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

38hz would be great cant wait for some pics or vid.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

doublekerfedclarionboxfloorplan.jpg

doublekerfedclarionboxwithtop.jpg

doublekerfedclarionbox.jpg

0818091259.jpg

I failed, i messed up on the kerfs and said fuck it, ill make it work anyway, had a show to go to the next day. 4.8 cubes, 32 Hz, 60 in^2 of port area.

I can make a few changes (shorten up the port for a higher tuning, add 2x baffle in there, etc) to make it work for your HDCs. You could tune them to 32 Hz if you want and theyll absolutely MURDER the lows and probably play down LOW. But id say 35-38 will suit you.

Edited by siucsaluki11

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

doublekerfedclarionboxfloorplan.jpg

doublekerfedclarionboxwithtop.jpg

doublekerfedclarionbox.jpg

0818091259.jpg

I failed, i messed up on the kerfs and said fuck it, ill make it work anyway, had a show to go to the next day. 4.8 cubes, 32 Hz, 60 in^2 of port area.

that box looks tight man. Do you have all the dimensions for it? Yeah i would rather it be 38hz for the type of music i play.

I would like a double baffle too and if its not a problem, could you make it without the kerf ports?

Edited by ZachTullier2