Second Skin Audio

new system for the summer

Well my current system is comprised of..

1 DD9515 at 2ohm

Memphis mcd1500d with 4awg

one hc800 batt in the back

and the box is 4 cubes tune to 40 Hz

My new system will be

1 FI BTL 12

one zx2500 or aq2200

im getting the box made but idk who is going to make it yet.

my question what sub should I get?? and do u think it would be louder then my 15

Well my current system is comprised of..

1 DD9515 at 2ohm

Memphis mcd1500d with 4awg

one hc800 batt in the back

and the box is 4 cubes tune to 40 Hz

My new system will be

1 FI BTL 12

one zx2500 or aq2200

im getting the box made but idk who is going to make it yet.

my question what sub should I get?? and do u think it would be louder then my 15

Why are you asking what sub should you get when you named the btl 12? Are you asking for extra options? Also, I am just wondering, why are you going to go from a single 15 to a single 12? Since you obviously have room for a 15, why not get a btl 15 it's not that much more $$$. Also, you will have to upgrade your electrical a little bit too while you are at it, because that hc800 will not cut it. I would upgrade to a bigger battery, like a hc2400, and a decent sized battery up front. Also I would upgrade the 4AWG wire to 0AWG with at least 2 runs. Also for building the box, you can get people on here to give you design for pretty cheap, and you may be able to find a few people to help you design one for free, and then you can just go build one yourself.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Why are you asking what sub should you get when you named the btl 12? Are you asking for extra options? Also, I am just wondering, why are you going to go from a single 15 to a single 12? Since you obviously have room for a 15, why not get a btl 15 it's not that much more $$$. Also, you will have to upgrade your electrical a little bit too while you are at it, because that hc800 will not cut it. I would upgrade to a bigger battery, like a hc2400, and a decent sized battery up front. Also I would upgrade the 4AWG wire to 0AWG with at least 2 runs. Also for building the box, you can get people on here to give you design for pretty cheap, and you may be able to find a few people to help you design one for free, and then you can just go build one yourself.

sry I got lazy I know I need 0awg but I also 4got to tell you I have a 220 EA alt and a red top... as for the subs should I get a btl or something else I don't want DD or AQ I want a single 12 that can take 2500-3000 wrms daily... and to save on weight I want a single 12

sry I got lazy I know I need 0awg but I also 4got to tell you I have a 220 EA alt and a red top... as for the subs should I get a btl or something else I don't want DD or AQ I want a single 12 that can take 2500-3000 wrms daily... and to save on weight I want a single 12

Okay well you are still going to need a bigger battery in the back btw.

As for the subs, since you want a single 12, the btl is a good decision. I'd also check into, AA Mayhem, or a DC Lv5. There are not THAT many 12s you can find that'll handle that power, I'm sure there are more than I have listed, the ones I listed are first things that popped into my head though.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Okay well you are still going to need a bigger battery in the back btw.

As for the subs, since you want a single 12, the btl is a good decision. I'd also check into, AA Mayhem, or a DC Lv5. There are not THAT many 12s you can find that'll handle that power, I'm sure there are more than I have listed, the ones I listed are first things that popped into my head though.

well the btl is WAY cheaper then the lv 5

well the btl is WAY cheaper then the lv 5

I wouldn't say "WAY" cheaper. If you think about it, a btl 12 is $364 before any options, you add on all options, it goes up to $409. Then depending on where you live you also have to pay for shipping, so they are almost around the same amount. If it was me that was stuck on getting a 12" subwoofer and putting that much power towards it, I would get the btl, but that is just me. You asked for other options so I gave you a few that you could think about.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I dont see this new setup being louder than the 15 for any other reason than you throwing more wattage at it. i say you take your upgraded wattage and put it on your 9500 instead of buying a whole new sub, maybe change/upgrade your box. also get that damn 0 gauge, and another stronger battery, like a 2700 or something.

lance2.png

I wouldn't say "WAY" cheaper. If you think about it, a btl 12 is $364 before any options, you add on all options, it goes up to $409. Then depending on where you live you also have to pay for shipping, so they are almost around the same amount. If it was me that was stuck on getting a 12" subwoofer and putting that much power towards it, I would get the btl, but that is just me. You asked for other options so I gave you a few that you could think about.

the lv 5 is like 600 right