Second Skin Audio

Spider ripped.........

On one of my subs, the spider ripped from one terminal to the other (only half of the spider). Its ripped like 3 times now and ive fixed it 3 times.. After i put some adhesive on it, it works perfect for like 4-5 days then it rips again and i can hear it... So then i go and take it out of the box, fix it again blah blah blah. Its getting to be a pain in my ass now. The reason its ripping is because one sub is a lot stiffer than the other, dont kno why its reconed like that but it is, and when its playing it moves more than it wants to i guess... I think the reason why it re-rips is bcuz the adhesive i have isnt "heat proof". Is there anything u guys kno that will work for this, or whut should i do to fix this? I emailed AQ but since its christmas week i dont think theyre in the office and i want to kind of fix it myself anyways instead of spending more money to get this fixed..

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

Autopage 2 way remote start alarm system

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

1 AQ2200D (soon to be 2).

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

RF 6.5 comp set (soon to come)

1 run of Stinger 1/0 guage (soon to be 3)

All of the above is all gone

Currently own a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

No audio components.

get it reconed with some nicer spiders or something... or CA glue it... i don't think you could destroy CA glue

Whats CA glue?

I dont think i want to send it back man, this was the one i got reconed before, it came back stiffer than the other sub and i knew this was gunna happen. If i send it back ill have to pay for shipping and probably another recone...

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

No audio components.

do you know anyone in your area that can recone it? or you can learn to recone it... ca glue is what's used to build speakers... it's amazing shit.. i don't know a whole bunch about it.. but you can't destroy it.. maybe some one will chime in with some more CA glue info

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

do you know anyone in your area that can recone it? or you can learn to recone it... ca glue is what's used to build speakers... it's amazing shit.. i don't know a whole bunch about it.. but you can't destroy it.. maybe some one will chime in with some more CA glue info

i kno how to recone speakers... but i dont want to buy the recone kit lol i dont want to spend more than 10 dollars bro.. Ill just play it untill it rips the adhesive again then ill go and buy some CA glue ill try to see if they have some at home depot and im sure thatll fix the prob.. I dont F'ing kno why they reconed one stiffer than the other either that kinda got on my nerves..

Edited by LunatikGixxer

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

No audio components.

thank u i kno where one is locally too.. ill check there first

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

No audio components.

Be easier on it after you recone it. You knew it was stiffer after being reconed, so why did you still wang on it? gotta break it it back in just like it's brand new again.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

dude i didnt just get this speaker and wang on it ive had this thing for awhile now and i DID break it in. This is months later that the spider ripped and the sub STILL being very stiff, im not a noob lol. Its the simple fact that its stiff as hell and i think they added an extra spider for who knos whut reason than the other sub?.... Well i used GOOP this time, i heard that stuff is pretty reliable so we'll see whut happens now.. the first layer is drying then ill throw a 2nd one on before i go to work then when i get home from work ill throw it in the box and let it dry over night...

And treo, the other sub was reconed also, so both my 15s are reconed, they just added an extra spider i kno i kno i kno it lol.. theres no one a month and a half down the road that one sub is STILL stiffer than the other.

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

No audio components.