Sonic Electronix

'tis the season to be banging! Lol

Merry Christmas to all! I know I'm a few days late, but it's the thought that counts, right? Lol anyway, I've finally measured the back of my truck! Alright, so the width of my truck is 48". I want the box to be 24" tall, so I can still see out of the back window. And from the backseat to the rear hatch minus 6" is 36"( I was told that you want at least 6" of clearance for the port so there isn't interference.) so, the math- 4 feet x 2 feet x 3 feet: 24 cubes! I was surprised at that number. I didn't know I had this much room! Now, I don't know how to calculate the box displacement. So, I went to Rockfordfosgate.com and used their box wizard. Turns out I have 20.89 cubic feet internal volume. The website mentioned driver displacement. I don't know where to find this. Is there a symbol for it? Ex. RMS- root mean square. I'm trying to see if I have enough room for 4 AQ hdc318's. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Corporal, USMC

iirc the HDC3 18 displaces somethiing like .2 cubes ill see if i can find it on their site

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

iirc the HDC3 18 displaces somethiing like .2 cubes ill see if i can find it on their site

Thanks so much man. I looked at the website myself, and I didn't understand the terminology. Do you think I have the correct space for 4 of them? 5 cubes per 18, I think they'll do well. But I don't have any experience with them. Anyone got .02 they wouldn't mind sharing?

Corporal, USMC

Archived