Second Skin Audio

my box design and specs

ok so im playing around with box designs and i want an opinion if this would work with sub up port forward in a ext cab truck

oh and the subs are going to be 2 kicker cvx's, also thinking about building a custom center console that will act to hid extra batteries and be my amp rack

lmk what u think

untitled.jpg

Edited by teddy9090

That enclosure is a little big don't you think. Unless you want to get the DEEP bass.

What are they? 15s 18's 12's. All you said was kicker.

2004 Mustang

3 18s

6 crossfire bmf 1700s strapped @ .5

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

http://www.youtube.com/Drek75633

DSBP_blue.jpg

there 15"s my bad and and specs say 5cubes a piece for em so thats what i did roughly

Aight man. They should bang then. 35 hz port w/ 125 in port volume. Sounds good to me.

2004 Mustang

3 18s

6 crossfire bmf 1700s strapped @ .5

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

http://www.youtube.com/Drek75633

DSBP_blue.jpg

well i only see one problem man did u read on the port its the inner dimensions bro 22" inner? and ur at 22" outer.. how is that gonna work i see your using .75 so subtract 1.5 from that 22 so u get 20.5 inner and go from there. thats the ONLY thing i see wrong good specs your port area is on so u could be bangin. :spiteful:

Vehicles

93 blazer

99 cavi

big 3

2 re mt 12s

custom box 4cft 40htz

soild audio 1200 wired at .5 ohms

projects

93 s10 blazer

small bock

needing finshed

well i only see one problem man did u read on the port its the inner dimensions bro 22" inner? and ur at 22" outer.. how is that gonna work i see your using .75 so subtract 1.5 from that 22 so u get 20.5 inner and go from there. thats the ONLY thing i see wrong good specs your port area is on so u could be bangin. :spiteful:

well that tunes it down to like 34 hz so that works too oh and can someone do a design on it so i kno what its ganna look like, im planning on building it with the port in the middle facing forward with the subs facing up so idk how im ganna do that

Edited by teddy9090

i'd stick with quarter inch increments. it will make it much easier to cut and measure since 5.7" is a tad awkward for a port size IMO.

edit: oh and i hope you brace the shit out of that big box. dowel rods all over.

Edited by Kranny