PS3 Slim 120 GB, HDMI Output Problems!! *Fixed*

Alright so about an hour ago I turn on the PS3 (which I just got this month), connected via a MonoPrice 6 Ft. HDMI cable.

Nothing happens, black screen. So I hold the Power button to reset the PS3 audio and video settings and still nothing...

I tried everything, I then get my moms laptop and connect it and nothing, then i don't know how, it comes up! So I disconnect it and try to connect the PS3 and SURPRISINGLY!....nothing, I then can't get either to display. I tried resetting to defaults on PS3 and TV, but that didn't work.

Do you guys think it may be the cable? I disconnected the PS3 on friday to connect to the laptop, then I rented a movie and connected the PS3 again late on friday to watch via ps3 and it worked fine. That was the last time I turned it on, and it was working. It only works with the standard A/V cables, (Yes I tried changing the settings in the Display settings menu and that didn't work either.)

BTW, I think the HDMI cables from Monoprice have Lifetime warranty.

Please help me! Should I contact Monoprice, or what?

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

Alright so about an hour ago I turn on the PS3 (which I just got this month), connected via a MonoPrice 6 Ft. HDMI cable.

Nothing happens, black screen. So I hold the Power button to reset the PS3 audio and video settings and still nothing...

I tried everything, I then get my moms laptop and connect it and nothing, then i don't know how, it comes up! So I disconnect it and try to connect the PS3 and SURPRISINGLY!....nothing, I then can't get either to display. I tried resetting to defaults on PS3 and TV, but that didn't work.

Do you guys think it may be the cable? I disconnected the PS3 on friday to connect to the laptop, then I rented a movie and connected the PS3 again late on friday to watch via ps3 and it worked fine. That was the last time I turned it on, and it was working. It only works with the standard A/V cables, (Yes I tried changing the settings in the Display settings menu and that didn't work either.)

BTW, I think the HDMI cables from Monoprice have Lifetime warranty.

Please help me! Should I contact Monoprice, or what?

this could be an issue with the cable itself but before that try connecting to the tv with the rgb cables that come with the ps3 becuase what the problem could be is that somehow the ps3 switched over to rgb from hdmi and is trying to display in that format but since those cables arent connected then obviously it wont show, so try that and yeh, thats all i can think off.

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

7 cubes 32hz slot ported box

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

this could be an issue with the cable itself but before that try connecting to the tv with the rgb cables that come with the ps3 becuase what the problem could be is that somehow the ps3 switched over to rgb from hdmi and is trying to display in that format but since those cables arent connected then obviously it wont show, so try that and yeh, thats all i can think off.

umm yeah i didnt read the whole post before i posted lol sorry, yeh nvm i dunno whats wrong, could be the cable then.......

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

7 cubes 32hz slot ported box

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

^Lol both of ya'll failz... :lol:

I sent Monoprice an e-mail, I might take it to my brothers house to see if it works there cause I don't have another hdtv around. If it ends up working then it might be the PS3,

I'm just gonna disconnect the ps3 from everything till tomorrow and hopefully will magically work (I've heard that's worked for some ppls.)

I've never had any problem with my Xbox 360 (Maybe I shoulda kept it :censored: !

tech2332.png

PSN - tech2332

Problem fixed!! It seems alot of people are having problems with this issue when you switch HDMI devices, or display your ps3 through another television. I had to restore it through Safe Mode (With A/V cables) and restore to "Default Settings" then i turn off the PS3 and connect HDMI cable and it came up with the "connect controller through usb" start-up message. I'll put up the instructions if anybody else ever has problems.

"Execute safe mode when the PS3™ is experiencing the following symptoms:

-When the PS3™ system is started up, the XMB™ menu is not displayed (only the wave screen background appears)

-When the PS3™ system is started up, nothing appears on the screen

-When the PS3™ system is started up, a message stating [The hard disks file system is corrupted and will be restored.] is displayed > [OK] > Restore operation > Restart

-Original message is displayed again or the system stops during restoration.

-When the PS3™ system is started up, a message stating [The hard disk's database will be rebuilt.] is displayed > [OK] > Rebuild > Failure > System stops while formatting hard diskdrive.

-The system stops while restarting after a PS3™ system update or while updating or rebuilding the database. The situation does not improve even when the system is restarted.

Step 1: Turn off the PLAYSTATION 3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.

Step 2:

Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PLAYSTATION 3 is powering on.

Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.

Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).

Step 3:

Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PLAYSTATION 3 to power on.

Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.

Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating SafeMode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."

//

Connect a USB cable to the controller and the PLAYSTATION 3 and press the PS button to enter Safe Mode.

Then you will see the Safe Mode menu.

//

Step 4: We recommending performing the safe mode options in the following order until one of the options works for you. If one of the options work, do not continue onto the other options.

Restore Default Settings

Restore File System

Rebuild Database

Restore PS3 System

In Safe Mode, you will have the following options:

Restart System - Ends safe mode and starts up the PLAYSTATION 3 normally.

Restore Default Settings - Performs the same operations as [Restore Default Settings] on the XMB™, and also deletes PlayStation®Network account information from the system.

Restore File System - Attempts to repair all areas on the hard disk drive where files can be saved. Corrupted data may be erased if it cannot be recovered.

Rebuild Database - Deletes messages, playlists, changes made on [information] screens, trimming information for pictures in [Photo], video thumbnails, video playback history and video resume information.

This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.

Restore PS3 System - IMPORTANT: All data will be lost by performing this step.

This will reformat the hard drive on the PLAYSTATION 3, deleting all data and restoring it to as if it just came out of the box. This is the same as [Restore PS3 system] on the XMB.

System Update - Updates the PS3 system software. This can only be done with an update file already saved on an external storage media."

Game saves and other data may be deleted so if you can view your ps3 through standard cables, I suggest you back them up.

Edit: I just found out that my PS3 recovered my username so everything is still there (As if there's alot)

tech2332.png

PSN - tech2332

Archived