Anyone use an externalk HDD To play movies on their PS3?

I just picked up a terra bit harddrive and have been loading my movies onto it. i got a couple on and pluged it into my playstation and nothing happened, the only way i can get them onto my ps3 is through vuze, whoich works fine, but i want to be able to use just the hardrive. Any help?

What else can i do with my ps3? im learning more and more about it, lol

Does it show up as a device? If so you can

highlight it (The HDD, flashdrive, etc.),

push triangle,

and click "display all"

Also if you want to view all images in the device you go to the image section and highlight, if you want to play vids you go to the vids category.

Or you can put all vids in a folder named VIDEO

Photos in PHOTO (I think) & so on.

Edit: fixed

Edited by iTech

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

If its showing up on the ps3 then hit triangle and then display all. If its not showing up then it needs to be reformatted which can be done on the PS3 and will work for any computer but it will delete anything on the HD. if you want the vids to just show up without hitting triangle then on the HD make a Folder called PS3 then Video and put all movies in there.

1994 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel Regular Cab

Yea its not showing up at all...

Ill goive those a shot for starters, Thanx

save anything on the HD then go to the PS3 and under settings go to system settings then format and format hard drive

1994 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel Regular Cab

As far as I know the ps3 won't read MKV files.

this is how to convert to something it will read.

http://www.bitburners.com/articles/convert...g-tsmuxer/4019/

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Hey guys,

Well the PS3 isnt picking up the hard drive at all, i had it plugged in and i could hear the hdd was working, and the light was on. still nothing on the ps3. so i went ahead and found the hard disk format option in the system settings and all it did was format my PS3 hard drive... even with it plugged in my system info still says i only have the 80 gigs or w.e...

As far as the file my movies are in im putting them on the hard disk after i convert them in ``vuze``. and i can watch them wirelessly through vuze to my ps3, but i want to be able to put them on the hard disk cause it would make my life a whole lot easier, plus thats the only reason i bought the big HDD, lol....

Any help would be appreciated, getting frustrating,

Thanks Guys,

Travis