Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Blown Kenwoods


emmertb

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm tryin to figure out what exactly is wrong with these kenwood 12's. When I first got them they hit pretty nice with the amp I had. But one by one they blew within minutes and pissed me off. These were, I think, my 2nd set of subs and didnt know half as much of what I know now about subs, amps, ext. ext.

I think its the voice coils but not sure.

here is some pics and a vid of it trying to hit lol

the subs are Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW122D

the amp was Kenwood Excelon KAC-X1R

012100_120900.jpg

012100_120901.jpg

012100_120802.jpg

012100_120801.jpg

012100_120800.jpg

1992 Cadillac SeVille STS

Pioneer DEH-P7600MD

Pioneer Premier Surround

JL Audio 10W7 Ported

Kenwood KAC-7203

Kicker ZX350x4

My YouTube

Posted

thats no good..... how did you have them hooked up?

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

Posted

you probably clipped them to hell and overheated them. causing what sounds like the voice coil to unwind inside the coil gap.

Posted

i had each sub wired to 2 ohms, didnt have them bridged or anything. but like i said i got those years ago and didnt really know shit about systems like i do now.

i was just seein if it was something small i could get fixed for cheap so I could sell them.

1992 Cadillac SeVille STS

Pioneer DEH-P7600MD

Pioneer Premier Surround

JL Audio 10W7 Ported

Kenwood KAC-7203

Kicker ZX350x4

My YouTube

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3245 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...