Sonic Electronix

Hopefully the coils are series on each sub (dual 4 ohm coil). Then subs bridged to the amp.. probably are otherwise it would be dead by now.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

sorry to bump a thread up but that amp has 2 yellow (20 amp) fuses, meaning the MOST that thing can output is ~350rms.

and why did you just drill holes into your box? thats not a port thats just a crappy sealed box at that stage, at least you covered them up.

with that amp i'd think that you can wire them like this

2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

then take the final + and - and put them onto where it says BRIDGED on the amplifier.

edit: and (hopefully) if you know how to tune gains correctly besides just turning the knob randomly, then it should last you for a while

Edited by Kranny

sorry to bump a thread up but that amp has 2 yellow (20 amp) fuses, meaning the MOST that thing can output is ~350rms.

and why did you just drill holes into your box? thats not a port thats just a crappy sealed box at that stage, at least you covered them up.

2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

then take the final + and - and put them onto where it says BRIDGED on the amplifier.

edit: and (hopefully) if you know how to tune gains correctly besides just turning the knob randomly, then it should last you for a while

ok then they are hooked up right thanks

• 2 months later...

why are there two small holes in the box? if those are supposed to be ports you need to do some reading. If you dont want to rebuild that box, i'd just cover them up and make it a sealed box

i did cover them but i do want to port it with a slot port, i looked it up on the internet and it asks for Tuning Frequency (Fb) and i don't know what to put there i under stand frequency's but i dont know what frequency to use what would your suggestion be to get the best proformence

2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

i had all that stuff instaled by a pro and at the time i built that box i was not as expereinced on porting boxes haha but it is seeld no air leaks out but i do wana port it with a slot port but i need help with Tuning Frequency (Fb)

no bro hes saying that amp dont do 2,400rms it does 2,400 peak watts (fanticy land power) amp prob does 600rms. (continuous power) big different in the two, you will learn that. go to the12volt.com and look up how to wire up ur subs. check what kind of amp your hooking it do and check the type of woofers

oo i gotch ya ha shows u what i know