Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest NateTheGreat

How To Fix An Amplifier's Speaker Input?

2 posts in this topic

Well, a couple a weeks ago, my speaker input on my amp, the positive input was coming lose inside with the connectors inside of the amp, and i would have to screw it tight to get it to give power to my subwoofer. Now, both the negative and positive inputs inside are loose, and I can't send power to my sub anymore. In fact, it looks like the negative is burned up a little and has a wierd metallic burn smell to it, which would block the conductivity. The amp powers on, everything is fine but this problem. How can i fix this? Soldering? Glue? I don't have a clue where my warranty is, its ma audio 1200 rms watt amp, 4 months old.

Well, a couple a weeks ago, my speaker input on my amp, the positive input was coming lose inside with the connectors inside of the amp, and i would have to screw it tight to get it to give power to my subwoofer. Now, both the negative and positive inputs inside are loose, and I can't send power to my sub anymore. In fact, it looks like the negative is burned up a little and has a wierd metallic burn smell to it, which would block the conductivity. The amp powers on, everything is fine but this problem. How can i fix this? Soldering? Glue? I don't have a clue where my warranty is, its ma audio 1200 rms watt amp, 4 months old.

never mind, its a goner...