Scylloga's Dakota updated DC LVL 3 IS HERE!!!!!

Guest Scylloga
very nice job

THanks!

I just finished up about an hour ago. Everything is buttoned up and man it sounds amazing. Of course this morning it started raining on me so pictures and such are going to have to wait till it stops raining. But Im extremely happy with how everything turned out. Still needs a bit of fine tuning and I have a issue with the HU getting static from time to time but overall everything is done.

Ive already put money back to get a new alt and hopefully a mla at the same time.

The new box will have to wait till summer. The weather is being very unpredictable and I dont have a great place to cut wood out of the weather.

Guest Scylloga

So today I'm rolling in the parking lot at work and my passenger side tweeter goes ka-put. Nothing just stops playing. So I call RF and talk to a rep and they tell me to try hooking the tweeter up to the working set to see if the crossover has went out. So I do and nothing still no sound. I call them back and the person I talked to this time said he would look into getting me a replacement tweeter and sending it out so I don't have to take the whole set of speakers out. I'm hoping this is the route I get to take as I don't really wanna have to unhook both speakers and send them back:(.

Anyway after some polishing of the headlight lens and some head scratching I got my HID's installed that I picked up on ebay. I seen a thread here where somebody was asking about them and I figured for 40 bucks I would try them out. So far the biggest complaint I have is I didn't realize they weren't hi/low beams. SO I only have low beams currently. But I never really used my highs anyways so I'm good for now. I might later grab the bi-xenon bulbs and slap them in. I ended up getting the 6000k and they are awesome. I don't know what I did before but they are so much brighter and light the road so much better.

Dakota%20HID.jpg

I have no idea what that line is I guess my crackberry camera has a scratch :(.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scylloga

So yesterday my memphis 12 decided I need a new air freshener and made my truck smell real nice.

No its not blown but it did smell real good.

I decided its time to move up to a sub that handles the power I have.

I had been tossing around a SA-12 or a LVL3 12.

Did some checking around and dollar for dollar the DC lvl3 seemed the best choice.

I contacted Rusty a couple days ago to get a price because I foreseen that PR12 smokin me out.

So hopefully within the next week or so Ill be the proud owner of a DC LVL3 12.

Guest Scylloga

So in preparation of the new sub getting here soon. I Decided to build a new box today.

I have been playing with bass box pro and expos calc. Trying to come up with a decent box and stay with in my size limitations.

When I plug in the DC lvl3 specs the box I was getting was 11x24x16 and was barley 1.5cu^3.

So I farted around and finally got it to a size that was 2.36^3 gorss. And its 1.97^3 after port and sub displacement.

Its tuned to 38hz I tried to get it down lower but the port length wasnt cooperating with me.

Its not sealed up yet and I might decide to take it lower. I acutally probably will tomorrow when I reattach the baffle.

So the final dimensions is are 13x 26x16. With 29.00 in of port

I slapped the memphis 12 in it just to see how it sounds and good lord it made that 12 come alive and get loud and hit low.

102_0112.JPG

102_0113.JPG102_0106.JPG102_0112.JPG

102_0110.JPG

102_0115.JPG102_0116.JPG

Guest Scylloga

I did some more work today changed the port up some. Added the 45's and painted the hell out of this box.

First I decided to make the port a total of 20 inches. I think its actually 21 but either way it still puts me in the range I wanted to be tuned at.

I painted the whole box red not final coat red just get some paint on the box red. I almost went and bought some more paint and was going to keep it solid red but I talked myself out of it.

So I decided to paint he baffle with the fleck paint to see how it was going to turn out.

Before

102_0118.JPG

After

102_0120.JPG

I waited about an hour and let is sit in what sunlight I had to dry. It was looking like what I wanted. So I ran over to home depot and picked up some more cans.

I also grabbed some wood filler to patch a couple miss placed screw holes on the sides. And I also grabbed a tube of high quality silicone to seal all the interior joints.

Most of my cuts was spot on but some of them weren't as good. Even with a table saw I managed to make some curvy cuts haha.

After the silicone was still slightly tacky I sprayed the inside of the box to help conceal the silicone and to make it all appear the same color.

After letting the red dry to the touch I sprayed the entire box with the fleck paint. I was going to tape off the port but decided the fleck overspray wouldnt look too bad so I left the ort area un taped and after its done drying Ill be able to wipe off most of the overspray with a dry cloth. But it doesnt look too bad. I have a couple places I will have to touch up tomorrow but for the most part the pics below are the finished product. 102_0122.JPG

102_0121.JPG

102_0125.JPG

102_0119.JPG

102_0124.JPG102_0131.JPG102_0129.JPG

Guest Scylloga

While typing the above I recieved this lil gem from fed ex!!!

I HAS TRACKING NUMBER!!!!!!

Shipping Dept. of DC Audio sent Chris Flinn of Chris Flinn 1 FedEx Home Delivery package(s).

This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 03/08/2010.

Reference information includes:

Reference:Inv 1365Special handling/Services:Indirect Signature RequiredStatus:Picked up

Tracking number:Removed so you fine outstanding people dont get crazy tard ideas LOL

WOOT that means the first test of the bx will be by its new companion!!!

Guest Scylloga

I put the baffle and port in today.

Decided I needed to test it with the memphis sub just to check for air leaks.

None that I could find easily.

Im affraid tho its not going to sound like I wanted.

I prolly should have waited on the fleck stone till the sub was here and I could test it lol.

Oh well its just money. If it doesnt sound good Ill just sell it locally to a guy I use to work with :P.

Oh and according to FED EX my 30lb package will be here Thursday.

Archived