Sonic Electronix

At the current moment all I have in my 2002 Cavi is 1 Fosgate SP1 12" sub being pushed by a 300w Kenwood amp... going for quite the overhaul in my opinion. Getting 1 15" Eclipse SW9152 here is where the opinion part comes in... I am really debating what amp I am going to get at the moment I am looking at the Hifonics BXi 1610D to run to this sub. With this much of a power upgrade I think I will also be getting a cap. Would like to get some suggestions on Caps as well as other options for Amps. Also do you think a yellow top and high output alt. will be needed or no?

Sorry I know alot of newb questions but not real sure about the car audio department any and all help is very appreciated.

i would say not to bad. i wouldnt mine running the same setup. i personally dont like caps, thats just me though. idk about the battery at all man. im just puttin one kinetik 1400 or 2000

2001 Toyota Tacoma Ext.

Headunit:Pioneer AVH-p4000DVD

Highs:Kenwood Excelon 5x7

Tweets:Memphis Streetedge

Subs:3 Kicker CVX 12s

Amp:Hifonics Brutus 2000

Box: 8.75cuft tuned to 37Hz

At the current moment all I have in my 2002 Cavi is 1 Fosgate SP1 12" sub being pushed by a 300w Kenwood amp... going for quite the overhaul in my opinion. Getting 1 15" Eclipse SW9152 here is where the opinion part comes in... I am really debating what amp I am going to get at the moment I am looking at the Hifonics BXi 1610D to run to this sub. With this much of a power upgrade I think I will also be getting a cap. Would like to get some suggestions on Caps as well as other options for Amps. Also do you think a yellow top and high output alt. will be needed or no?

Sorry I know alot of newb questions but not real sure about the car audio department any and all help is very appreciated.

What ohm load are you gonna go with because that amp is 1100W x 1 Chan. @ 2 Ohms and 1600W x 1 Chan. @ 1 Ohms. I would skip the cap and go right for a battery, meaning a Kinetik, XS power, or something along the same lines. If your gonna be going for the one ohm load I would upgrade the big three wires and run 0 gauge from the front battery to the back battery. Your not gonna need a high output alt with that low of wattage unless your gonna run around all day long playing it at full tilt. As far as another amp goes I would check out www.audioque.com and read about his amps. They are nice and don't get hot. Hope this helps ya!

Kenwood Excelon KDX-693 Head Unit

Kinetik HC600

Powerbass 6.75's in front doors

Powerbass 6.75's in rear deck

Powerbass 1000.1D

Powerbass 400.4

2 SA-12 inch Sundown Audio Subs

0 gauge Power Wire and Big 3

Custom Amp Rack

Code Alarm with remote start

Stinger Digital Volt Meter

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/51869-1996-chevy-blazer-build/

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kanesdisciple

with the box, i prefer ported. im more of loud than qualitly. i can find recommended air for those subs. maybe 2.5^3??

2001 Toyota Tacoma Ext.

Headunit:Pioneer AVH-p4000DVD

Highs:Kenwood Excelon 5x7

Tweets:Memphis Streetedge

Subs:3 Kicker CVX 12s

Amp:Hifonics Brutus 2000

Box: 8.75cuft tuned to 37Hz

Ok I guess another question would be this... I am getting the SW9152 for 200 bucks shipped to me anyone think I can get something better in that same price range... I dont think I can but thats just me... the SW9152 is one of the best subs I have heard hence I am going with that but again I am a newb from smalltown Iowa so what do I know :P