Sonic Electronix

Can you wire two coaxiles together.

okay so i have an amp that runs 85 watts rms x 4 at 4 ohms and 175 rms x 4 at 2 ohms, so i was wondering if it was possible to wire two coaxial speakers together kinda like u can do to subs. for example, i have two sets of alpine sps-600's and they are 4 ohm speakers so i was wondering if i am able to wire two of them together to make a 2 ohm impedance and run them both at 175 watts together. if anyone knows or has ever heard about this can u plz let me know.

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics brutus bxi 2610

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

2)Fi BL d1 15s fully loaded

yess

you can

i;ve done it before and so long as you can figure out how to wire them in parallel you're fine

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

yess

you can

i;ve done it before and so long as you can figure out how to wire them in parallel you're fine

how did u wire them. couldnt i just split the wire right before the little female connector and make it basically like a Y or should i run a wire from the amp to the speaker and solder to the speaker and then solder wire from the same connector and run that to the other speaker?

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

pos to pos n neg to neg on teh speakers n then to the amp

i have this done in my truck now with my front channel on my 4ch hifonics 4406 or w/e it is

i got wire ran to my front comp set goin to left side, n wire goin to the back to my coax n then to left side on front channel of amp, n same on other channel, n then i got my 8'' midbass wired to 2ohm also to my rear channels

it can be done n will work n not hurt anything, but if u run like infinity speakers some of theres are 2ohm already n i dnt kno of many 2ch or 4ch amps other than ma audio that will let u run 1ohm stereo

hope this helps?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

oh ya, u can run 2 on front left, and 2 on front right or the same thing on rears or same thing on all 4 channels if u wnt to but if u only have 4 coax i wouldn't go threw it unless ur gunna use the other 2 channels for something else

edit: what i mean is if your going to run 2ohm stereo u will have 2 of your 6&1/2'' coax on one of the 4ch's n and the same thing on one of the other 4ch's to get 2ohm, but if ur not gunna use the rear channels for anything, or get more speakers i wouldn't go threw the trouble

now if u wanna get technical u can run your coax's active if u wanted to were the front channels run the tweets n the rear channels run just the woofers/mids but thats a whole nother ball game in itself, u'll learn how to do this later on, im gunna do it with my setup this summer some time

i hope this is makeing somewhat of sence

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

pos to pos n neg to neg on teh speakers n then to the amp

i have this done in my truck now with my front channel on my 4ch hifonics 4406 or w/e it is

i got wire ran to my front comp set goin to left side, n wire goin to the back to my coax n then to left side on front channel of amp, n same on other channel, n then i got my 8'' midbass wired to 2ohm also to my rear channels

it can be done n will work n not hurt anything, but if u run like infinity speakers some of theres are 2ohm already n i dnt kno of many 2ch or 4ch amps other than ma audio that will let u run 1ohm stereo

hope this helps?

ya it did and i have the hifonics 6410 and i am going to buy 4 more alpine speakers and do that. thanks for the help man i appreciate it

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

np man, i love my hifonics amp, i got it runnin 2ohm on all channels n it still stays cool n sometimes moderately warm

but ya, run 2 speakers on left front pos to pos n neg to neg

run 2 speakers to right front pos to pos n neg to neg

and run 2 more speakers to rear left pos to pos n neg to neg

and run 2 more speakers to rear right pos to pos n neg to neg

if u want to save on wireing and ur gunna keep the speakers close to eachother ied just run one set of speaker wires from amp channels n just Y it off to each speaker so u dont have about 18ft of speaker wire for nothing

and if u gunna Y it off ied sujest some 14awg speaker wire,

im gunna get this when i rewire my speakers http://cgi.ebay.com/SPEAKER-WIRE-500-14-Ga...=item518faa203e

it looks good for the money

heres u some 16awg for a lil cheaper http://cgi.ebay.com/16-GAUGE-SPEAKER-WIRE-...=item5d258fa3fd

i know, i cant spell that good anyways and i type to fast also so i do the best that i can really

my grammer aint all that good so im just doing my best

i dont spell most words fully cause people kinda get the point after a while what it means