results with box testing

i wanted to see if i would gain with a smaller box with the same port size so i thought about it and came up with this i went to the hardware store and bought 8 solid blocks cement and covered them with duct tape so no dust could get in my coils each block takes up .25 cubic feet and my im tuned @44hz and i know but putting block in the box my tuning will rise so i thought thats cool may hit my resonant frequency this way so i put 2 blocks in the box got a .1db gain@44hz so far so good put 2 more block my total gain with the 4 block is .4db@45hz from my baseline adding more block raised my frequency but had no gain i think this was because i ended up with to much port per cubic foot of box at this point. but was an easy .4db gain and the block was 1.35 each and with a freq change of only 1hz thought id share maybe someone else could have the same luck!!

sealed up on the termlab mic on dash 4-sa12"s 2-3500d's 153.4db now testing a american bass 1100.1 no numbers yet 300amp iraggi alt and kinetik batts.

You would only get alot of gain if you were shifting the tuning of the enclosure closer to the resonant frequency of your car. What frequency does your car peak at?

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

You would only get alot of gain if you were shifting the tuning of the enclosure closer to the resonant frequency of your car. What frequency does your car peak at?

thats what i was doing i was testing to see if i could get a gain my shrinking my box without building a new box so i would have room to mount my 2-saz3500d's my blazer seems to like 48hz . i will be able to remove enough of my box to install amps and my batts .this will hold me over till the weather changes and a complete rebuild will take place .

sealed up on the termlab mic on dash 4-sa12"s 2-3500d's 153.4db now testing a american bass 1100.1 no numbers yet 300amp iraggi alt and kinetik batts.