Second Skin Audio

Need Some Opinions/advice

kevinb721

ok, so after some thought and good advice from people here on the forums, i've decided to trash my old system and invest in something a little bit better. So heres what i want to know...what would be the best for me:

-my car has a fairly small trunk (not sure how big in cubic feet, but if it makes any difference its an '88 audi 90)

-i want to start out with one 12" Fi Q or BL sub...which one would be better for me? (if thats no good, let me know...like should i get one 15 or something)

-i listen to strictly hip hop, so ported? what freq. should i tune the box to? how big should the box be?

-i have an audiobahn A1300HCT amp (1200w RMS @ 1ohm)

-if it would be better for me to ask someone to make a box for me or if i should build it myself...i do have pretty much all the tools and im woodworking able

-i want something that will hit real hard and turn heads. thats really what i'm looking for

any kind of help, suggestions, input, criticism, questions or comments are really appreciated.

thanks for all the help you guys have given me so far, i love this forum and i've only been going to it for 3 days! ive learned a lot so far.

thanks in advance

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

yea man ..

go with the 12 inch q ... 2.5 cuft tuned to 32hz...

if you dont feel comfortable building a box .. a simple slot port will run you about 120-150 depending on shipping costs ... but since ur good at using wood ... then go for it .. trial and error is the way to go ... everyone who has built a box will tell you the first box they built was weak ...

Doing it yourself always give the feeling of accomplishment ... its a great thing to have

thanks for the reply bro...

so you think that one Q will pound pretty good? i want something that you can hear from a few blocks away and wont put a huge dent in my pocket...and i heard that these Fi subs are real good from what ive read on the forums so far. are those box calculators pretty accurate?

thanks again

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

yea man ..

go with the 12 inch q ... 2.5 cuft tuned to 32hz...

if you dont feel comfortable building a box .. a simple slot port will run you about 120-150 depending on shipping costs ... but since ur good at using wood ... then go for it .. trial and error is the way to go ... everyone who has built a box will tell you the first box they built was weak ...

Doing it yourself always give the feeling of accomplishment ... its a great thing to have

^^^^^^ very true trust me, cause when u do somthin and then listen to it u be like damn i did that :blink:

and it feels good to tell someone u did it yourself when they ask who did it

yea, building a enclosure urself u will feel proud to know that u made it and its loud. and u did that. ....

for other people that are reading this. can someone give him a box template like they did me?. people on here designed me a box and gave me the calculations so all i had to do was cut the peices to the calculations they gave me and put it together. can someone do that for him incase he wants it?. i would but idk how to use the calc to do it lol.

Archived