Sonic Electronix

How many mids and highs? And what order to buy stuff in?

If you can't find anything in this "crappy country", why not go live in another country so you can find something "Really Great" and get it ripped off before you even put it in your ride........

well I can get it but I dont want to spend twice the price of the speaker on shipping...

I was exaggerating a bit there, cause it is possible but not worth it on this car, i'll get some real good stuff on the next one, this one is near the junkyard...

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

pioneer d-series components

run 2 sets in the front (fglass the doors, kickpod, pillars, whatever you have to do)

forget about the back deck, take em out and let the bass in, you'll never hear em anyway

2 sets of comps and 600wrms kept up with 5kw and 3 18's in my car, and sounds amazing with 1 18 and 1500wrms (what i have now, and what you're doing)

check my buildlog if you like, idk if i added my most recent setup but its a dc xl18, like 6ish cubes ported thru the rear deck at 35hz with 1500rms on it. d-series will do you right and not break the bank, just make sure to cross them over at like 90ish hz if you wanna run 100watts to em.

Thanks for that, this is the most helpful post i have encountered in this thread :friends:

i might try out some glassing, it doesn't seem too hard.

I might just leave the stock speakers in there (the back deck) and leave them disconnected. just for the non-suspicious look. (occasionally bad neighborhood.)

O.K. I'll check it out and take some tips from it.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.