Sonic Electronix

Check here for basic box idea

i have a 97 cavalier putting one 15inch BTL into it, after talking it over with a few friends we came up with a box that is 31 inches wide, 16inches tall, 18inches deep, with a port that is 8 inches wide 4inches deep and 12.25 inches tall and should make the box right about 36hz.. was wondering if that sounded right to everyone and if not was wondering about good specs and a diagram lol gunna insert a picture

Edited and inserted a link to a better picture with numbers and such, don't mind me i can't draw straight lines

Check here for basic box idea

i have a 97 cavalier putting one 15inch BTL into it, after talking it over with a few friends we came up with a box that is 31 inches wide, 16inches tall, 18inches deep, with a port that is 8 inches wide 4inches deep and 12.25 inches tall and should make the box right about 36hz.. was wondering if that sounded right to everyone and if not was wondering about good specs and a diagram lol gunna insert a picture

32 sq inches of port? I would think you need at least 50 sq in of port unless you're trying to tune that box to 45 hz

2004 Mustang

3 18s

6 crossfire bmf 1700s strapped @ .5

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

http://www.youtube.com/Drek75633

DSBP_blue.jpg

32 sq inches of port? I would think you need at least 50 sq in of port unless you're trying to tune that box to 45 hz

Its 8 by 12.25 and 4 inches long. I believe, similar to how steves is.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

That port size is wacked for that size box. You should be in the 50 -64 sq in range of port area for one BTL. Thats 14-16 square in of area per net cubic foot of space. Those dimensions will net you around 3.5 cubes net. Do you want a square port or a slot port. A square port for that box is more like 20 some inches long and eats up a lot of your net cubes. Realy need to see what you want to build. Sub placement, firing up ur to the back and where you want your port placed. Should just do a simple ported box with the sub firing back for your trunk.

That port size is wacked for that size box. You should be in the 50 -64 sq in range of port area for one BTL. Thats 14-16 square in of area per net cubic foot of space. Those dimensions will net you around 3.5 cubes net. Do you want a square port or a slot port. A square port for that box is more like 20 some inches long and eats up a lot of your net cubes. Realy need to see what you want to build. Sub placement, firing up ur to the back and where you want your port placed. Should just do a simple ported box with the sub firing back for your trunk.

ok well this is the 2nd box i will personally be building so any ideas would be great,

DEH-P980BT deck

FI BTL 15 sub

Soundstream DTR1.2200D 2200 Watt Mono Class D Amplifier

That is what i currently have picked out and also will be choosing wiring and battery in the near future

Trunk dimensions for anyone who wants to be creative and toss a design my way 17inches high 35 inches wheel well to wheel well and 26 inches is about what i figured for a max depth

i am open to any ideas for max output from this combo

and i want sub facing trunk and unsure where best place to put port would be or vent

Archived