XS Power

Hey, I just installed the VCM with my new alt just the other day. When I hold down the + and -, I can get into adjustment mode but can't make any adjustments. Pressing the + or - seems to do nothing.

Also, another major concern. I have a Viper 791xv remote start setup in my car. Was cold as hell today so I used it. Went out and of course the VCM is not on since it's on an ignition switched fuse. My battery light was on. Am I getting nothing out of my alt since the VCM is not on when using remote start?

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

The alarm situation is pretty easy to address..whoever installed your alarm didn't wire up the 3 ignition harness wires right because It's not kicking the alternator on now. Something that'll solve the problem is switching the remote wire on the vcm to a wire that shows 12+ when the ignition is on.

I've seen a few situaitons where the radio's don't turn on by default with DEI alarms on older vehicles an you have to actually turn the ingition switch into the ON position beforeit actually turn the radio on.

The other question I can't really answer for you

I wish you the best of luck though

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

Hey, I just installed the VCM with my new alt just the other day. When I hold down the + and -, I can get into adjustment mode but can't make any adjustments. Pressing the + or - seems to do nothing.

Also, another major concern. I have a Viper 791xv remote start setup in my car. Was cold as hell today so I used it. Went out and of course the VCM is not on since it's on an ignition switched fuse. My battery light was on. Am I getting nothing out of my alt since the VCM is not on when using remote start?

You are adjusting the VCM, but you have not caught the voltage on the controller up to the voltage on the VCM. Keep hitting the + button and the voltage will catch up and start reading. This will only happen until you program it the first time.

Oh and if you have problems you will get a faster response most of the time by calling us. We are in the office 8:30-5:30(est) M-F.

Edited by Nathan@XSPOWER

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

You are adjusting the VCM, but you have not caught the voltage on the controller up to the voltage on the VCM. Keep hitting the + button and the voltage will catch up and start reading. This will only happen until you program it the first time.

Oh and if you have problems you will get a faster response most of the time by calling us. We are in the office 8:30-5:30(est) M-F.

Still did not work. Sat there for a couple minutes hitting + and it still will not adjust. What's the warranty/return on these things? After this and the remote start issue, I might be done with this.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

Give us a call tomorrow and we will figure out whats going on with the VCM.

Will do Nathan. I'd like to get it figured out since I'm starting my wall either today or next week.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

If you can send some pictures of the install it would also help. You can just email them to [email protected]

I can get those on monday. I'm pretty strapped for time, but was planning on building monday so I'll get them then.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3