Sonic Electronix

type r's are good beginner subs i quess, but for the money get something else or save up... but if you get get them for a decient price used and there in good condish id get em...

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

tell me somethin i dont know. i would still expect more performance out of a 10 in a 2cuft box when it starts to distort when the sub is moving a little less than .5" on a 1600rms hifonics amplifier at 2 ohms.

the biggest box u should have for that sub is a 1.3 cu ft ported. and that amp is 1100rms at 2ohms. the sub is 500. obviously somethings not adding up

NEW ORLEANS SLAP

Alpine CDE-103BT

2 12'' JL Audio W3v3-4

Hifonics HIF1500.1

I was on a SMALL budget when I started my build. bought all 4 of my type R's for $400 new. And just under a $1000 for all 4 amps. Not sure what it would cost for a recone, but at that point I'd just buy a new sub and turn the power down a little. they get loud, hit the lows, (tuned to 34hz), and are going strong....sure, if I had a million dollas, I go bigger, but for the little bit that I have into my system, feel pretty good about it.

I say if you can afford it, go bigger (better), but I think they are nice for the money.........they work great for me! :D

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

I was on a SMALL budget when I started my build. bought all 4 of my type R's for $400 new. And just under a $1000 for all 4 amps. Not sure what it would cost for a recone, but at that point I'd just buy a new sub and turn the power down a little. they get loud, hit the lows, (tuned to 34hz), and are going strong....sure, if I had a million dollas, I go bigger, but for the little bit that I have into my system, feel pretty good about it.

I say if you can afford it, go bigger (better), but I think they are nice for the money.........they work great for me! :D

^^^ x2