• 2 weeks later...

i forgot to add in the original post that the temperature spiked clear to the top (not sure what that temperature is, but i know it was very warm) so maybe i have a coolant problem which caused to to spin a bearing, finally me and some friends are gonna take the motor apart tomorrow and see what the damage is. hopefully the crank isnt too messed up, and when i drained the oil it had about 4 quarts in it with no shavings in the oil. so my guess is that there was a coolant issue, thermostat probably got messed up somehow or something. i have coolant in my car but i have no clue, right now im driving a transam which gets like 2 mpg and i cannot afford to drive it at all. i need my car fixed so i can get around. i feel so lost without my civy (thats her pet name) lol

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

honda-tech guys are kinda douchebags and dont know anything worth a damn. 3 replies, and they dont even know what a snout diameter is... i love you guys so much more. lol

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

• 2 weeks later...

i still havent found a motor, everyone says you can find a D series for like 200 bucks.... well i wish i knew where they were lookin because i cant find one for under 800, and thats just for the longblock. hell, all i really need is a complete bottom end, so that way i dont have to replace the crank or any of that, all i do is throw it in there, bolt it up. put the head on, and go... if anyone has an idea where i can get a motor for cheap or has parts, i have money or stuff to trade for them

Archived