Finally... Now to wire!

So i finally got an amp for my subs and my mids and hi's. Being the newb i am i have no idea what comes next.

I could easily go and pay someone to wire this crap up for me but honestly i want to learn and do it myself.

So basically i need to know what i need and what order in which i need to do it.

If you could give me a "to-do" list that would be great. Guess i'll give you what i have wired now so it will help.

I already have my subs wired, 2 15's and a Kicker 550.2.

1 power wire, 1 ground wire and remote. (basic system)

wired to a Phase Linear UV10 head unit.

Where i want to go:

Adding my RF T4004 to my mids and hi's.

Please i know to most it seems easy being you've done this before but this is my first time.

So i have no idea what i'll need or where to begin. I'm also doing the big 3 in the process.

What connectors, wires, fuses, equipment and what nots do i need before i begin. Thanks for any help

and if possible (KEEP IT SIMPLE)!

r00k :search:

r00kHo1.jpg

Would like to thank everyone for all the help! Seems i can do my own question and answer....

Parts and Tools:

As a minimum, you will need to purchase the following:

• Sufficient length of high-strand count high capacity power cable.

- The length required differs for every vehicle. You can measure the length of the existing cables and buy the same length, or contact your dealer or a mechanic and ask, or sometimes you can look it up in a manufacturer's wiring book, or guess. If you guess, make sure you over-estimate and buy too much.

- High strand count cable is more flexible and more reliable than low-strand count cable. Never use solid-core wire in a moving vehicle as it will eventually break.

- The gauge of wire you need depends on the total current draw of your audio system, and/or the current generating capacity of your alternator. Never use smaller cable that you used to power your amps; never use smaller cable than what already exists in your vehicle; never use smaller cable than the generating capacity of your alternator; never use smaller than 4 AWG (it's just not worth the time to use anything smaller); if in doubt, always use higher gauge cable than you think you need. If you look at the Power and Ground charts and your amplifier current draw corresponds to 2 AWG cable, use no smaller than 2 AWG cable, and use 1/0 if you can.

• 6 ring terminals or lugs of the appropriate size for the cable chosen. Two of these need to be large enough to fit over your battery posts, or appropriately sized to bolt onto your existing battery terminals.

• 1/2" or 5/8" shrink tubing (or some other form of permanent electrical insulation. Tape is NOT recommended.)

• Cable ties (plastic zip ties.)

• Wire cutters large enough to handle the cable you choose.

• Crimpers large enough to handle the connectors you choose.

• Soldering iron or gun.

• Solder.

• Scotch brite and/or a small wire brush.

• Heat gun.

• Safety razor blade (or other tool for stripping cable).

• Heat gun (if using shrink tubing).

• Wrenches for removing bolts in your vehicle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUyYORNCzsM

Edited by r00k
r00kHo1.jpg

not to be a douche man...but you are basically askin people to teach you how to install over the internet...and to get the basics down there is really no better way than to get your hands dirty...if you have a local shop nearby see if you can trade off like sweepin the shop or cleanin work benches so you can watch and pick up on stuff

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(4)Hertz HCX-165 (front doors)

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

not to be a douche man...but you are basically askin people to teach you how to install over the internet...and to get the basics down there is really no better way than to get your hands dirty...if you have a local shop nearby see if you can trade off like sweepin the shop or cleanin work benches so you can watch and pick up on stuff

Was basically lookin for a list of "needed" things before i got my hands dirty. I'm now gathering items

so i can get started... but thanks all the same.

Only thing i can't seem to find is a set of RCA wires that are 1male/ 2 male. Can you strip an rca wire and use 1 side?

Edited by r00k
r00kHo1.jpg

Was basically lookin for a list of "needed" things before i got my hands dirty. I'm now gathering items

Only thing i can't seem to find is a set of RCA wires that are 1male/ 2 male. Can you strip an rca wire and use 1 side?

after 8 years of install i cant think of a time ive used a 1 male - 2 male adapter...what two pieces of equipment is this cable going to connect

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

Guest Scylloga

To answer your question I wouldnt do it. They make a single female to 2 male y adapter I would try that.

To answer your question I wouldnt do it. They make a single female to 2 male y adapter I would try that.

how can you offer an answer if you dont even know what hes doing...i cant see needing any kind of RCA adapter to add an amp

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

possibly a mono out?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

possibly a mono out?

would hope not to run mids and highs...and i know that flip out has front rear and probably mono sub...but hes adding a 4 channel

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

yeah.. definately need to know more specific info on the application.... id run the sub amp on the rear outs and use the low pass filter on the amp...

having said that... i wouldnt even use a 2 channel on the woofers...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?