Sonic Electronix

Hello All!!

I have a 2002 Yukon Denali and I'm bass head. I have factory mids and highs and have 2x 15in Kicker 15L7's in a ported box (bought from a store). They were in a box that was 49in wide x 18in deep and the box was sealed. I have a Hifonics Brutus 1600 watt mono amp being fed by a Kenwood DVD player I bought while in the UK. I know this is not the best system out there, but money is an issue. I'm about to deploy and am thinking about moving all the speakers out of the truck to include the factory sets and then replace everything to include:

Dynamatting the interior of the truck using spray foam in the nooks and crannies

Thinking about either 4x15 or 18 in RE Audio XXX series subs, 4xKicker 15 or 18 in Solo X's OR three JL Audio 13W7's all in a ported box

Haven't figured out what amp yet (maybe the RF T4000) uneless I get the JL Audio 13W7's. If I get those, I'll have one 1000w JL amp on each sub

For the interior mids and highds, I'm looking at a set of JL Audio componet speakers. Heard them in the JL Mini when I was stationed in the UK and loved them

I'm going to keep the head unit cuz I haven't seen another better even after four years.

My question is. IS this a wide choice, a GOOD choice how should the box be made for max bass, but if I get the JL's I'd like to have both SQL and SPL if possible.

Would box weight be an issue in the back?

How many batteries would I have to run to power this system?

Would the factory trim be able to be reused?

Any advice would be appreciated, and could be met with even more questions. This would be my dream system made to shake the toilet water in your house if I was to come by.

Thanks to all that read this and help.

from what i hear there are better sounding subs out there that are cheaper than the all mighty w7 that retails for 495 dollars and 95 cents!!!!!! from what i remember one of them is the RE XXX. and why go with all JL? not that theres anything wrong with that but IMHO its way more expensive than for the product you get.

btw the Solo X isnt a SQ sub. its far from it. it was built with SPL in mind.

Ascendant Audio Havocs/Fi Q's are raved for having amazing sound quality and being loud by dropping uber low on notes.

as for how many batteries and alternators you will need, thats dependent on how many/what kind of amplifiers you will run

edit: oh yea and beating loudly in neighborhoods on purpose to make stuff shake in their house is frowned upon here. it just gives us bassheads a bad name. (the reason why all the laws are in place here in the US, not sure about the UK, is because dumb kids like to blast shit at stop lights and at night at 4 in the morning)

from what i hear there are better sounding subs out there that are cheaper than the all mighty w7 that retails for 495 dollars and 95 cents!!!!!! from what i remember one of them is the RE XXX. and why go with all JL? not that theres anything wrong with that but IMHO its way more expensive than for the product you get.

btw the Solo X isnt a SQ sub. its far from it. it was built with SPL in mind.

Ascendant Audio Havocs/Fi Q's are raved for having amazing sound quality and being loud by dropping uber low on notes.

as for how many batteries and alternators you will need, thats dependent on how many/what kind of amplifiers you will run

edit: oh yea and beating loudly in neighborhoods on purpose to make stuff shake in their house is frowned upon here. it just gives us bassheads a bad name. (the reason why all the laws are in place here in the US, not sure about the UK, is because dumb kids like to blast shit at stop lights and at night at 4 in the morning)

Thanks for the reply. I was throwing out the ideas that have been in my head forawhile. I was always told to get things matching as much as possible to avoid issued with things not working well. I agree that it IS very expensive, but it was a sub I've heard along with the REXXX and Solo X 18in.

I like SPL more than SQL and the loudest I've heard was the RE XXX, but they're hard to come by in the DC/VA/MD area, whereas the Kicker Solo X and 13W7's are here or can be found on ebay.

What would you think are the best amps to run in this configuration for SPL or SQL?

I know and agree that's it's VERY stupid to run your system in a residential neighborhood. I DO NOT do it where I live at now and not in anyone else's neighborhool. It was just a example of how loud I'd want it to be. Hell usualy when I get within 2mi of my house I start turning it down now.

I'm going to do some research on the subs you mentioned, and any other recomendations you or anyone else in this fourm would be appreciated.

Archived