Second Skin Audio

15" Fi Bl vs. 15" DC lvl 4xl

Cashdollar2009

Whether it be personal experience or hearing the two of them, i am in need of speaker advice. In person, i have installed a few 12" l5's in my friends neon, and they are the loudest setup i have heard in person, therefore i feel my own personal experience on this or that is lacking... I have had my mind set on the bl for about 2 months now, and then i started coming across some reviews and videos of the dc lvl 4 xls... I am going to be running them off of a hifonics bxi2010d at 1-ohm. The box will be about 5cubes after displacement tuned at 33hz. I am running stock alternator, though i have the big three done in 1/0 with one run of 1/0 to the rear, and a kinetik hc1800 in the back. I want a subwoofer that can get loud and remain clean, but it must also nail the lows! From everything i have came across, it is always a toss-up between the two, so i wanted to get some final opinions from you guys before i made my decision. I have been running some old school petra prowlers for three years now and i want my first "real" sub setup to be perfect. Obviously perfect is impossible, but you know what i am talking about. Honestly, i am still leaning towards the bl. 15" Fi Bl fully loaded, or 15" DC Level 4 XL? Thanks guys! And i apologize for the "this or that" question, i just can't drop my $400 subwoofer budget to "test" the speakers myself... :/

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Archived