Sonic Electronix

Ok... im really confused on what will be louder?

Ok so I put my Fi in my friends cargo van (just a single 15") on 300RMS and it was loud but not as loud as my car... but my car is running 500RMS but it seems like more than just a power difference... I just bought a 96 Grand Cherokee Laredo and im wondering if it will get lower than my car with the SAME setup? My friend has two 12" eD v.30 on 200RMS and his Blazer got almost twice as loud as my car, so im hoping that my jeep will give the same results and maybe hopefully better since im running more power and a bigger/better subwoofer...

Any thoughts? im really hoping the SUV will yield a big difference, i guess ill find out tommorow eigther way.

The box is tuned to 42hz I know thats high for what my subwoofer is, but I still hit lows relativly well and highs just blow you out of ur seat lol... I plan to build a new enclosure once I get my new amplifier... I'm running i'd say voltage wise with what my amp is about 600watts power to the subwoofer. To me in my car it was retarded loud. The box is probably only about 2.5cubic feet tops maybe smaller (its a prefab) im just wondering SAME SETUP how much louder the jeep will get if any... Im just going off what ive seen and heard and know.

The jeep is a 4dr but it's very small , imo it's smaller than most SUV's that are 4dr (its deffinatly A LOT smaller than a van or a yukon or tahoe) this is what it looks like:

http://invimg.autofunds.com/InventoryImages/2009/06/09/895_72553_95175946_12421209422009.jpg

D1.... What amp did you put to it? You said 300 watts... but can you show a link of your amp? Unless it's the Alpine 450...

Yep running the Alpine-450 which is 450RMS (but im over-volting it, pushing about 600RMS i'd say) and yes I know what im doing, amp doesnt get hot or kick off and subwoofer stays cool with no smell or distortion. (think im running like 35.5v instead of 28.28v but oh well if I ruin my stuff thats my problem, i like how it sounds set to that =]

"Ok... im really confused on what will be louder?"

Aren't we all!!!

anyways... it all depends on power, enclosure design, enclosure placement and orientation. all i can say is... plan,build,test...rebuild... repeat as necessary...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?