Second Skin Audio

newbie box question

ajsmoke

i wanna get some things straight out

lets say u got a 18inch woofer FI BTL 18

18inch tall

and 18inchs wide ? < is this right ?

but anyways the woofer Ported box: 5-10cuft | 5-10cuft

so u add the 18inchs height ? then add the 10inchs ? so thats around 30inchs tall the box going be ?

and i also heared if u add one woofer it needs 5-10cuft but thats just for a single woofer but for more woofers u double the cuft size ? so i need a bigger box to ? cant be im confused

this is how im lookin at it

u got a woofer thats 18inchs its 18inchs tall and 18 inchs wide u add from 10cuft thats goin be 30inchs this just fo a single woofer

but if u wanna add 1 more woofer 18inchs or 2 more woofers 18inchs u gotta add more cuft space ? cuz i think 30inchs is enough

i wanna get some things straight out

lets say u got a 18inch woofer FI BTL 18

18inch tall

and 18inchs wide ? < is this right ?

but anyways the woofer Ported box: 5-10cuft | 5-10cuft

so u add the 18inchs height ? then add the 10inchs ? so thats around 30inchs tall the box going be ?

and i also heared if u add one woofer it needs 5-10cuft but thats just for a single woofer but for more woofers u double the cuft size ? so i need a bigger box to ? cant be im confused

this is how im lookin at it

u got a woofer thats 18inchs its 18inchs tall and 18 inchs wide u add from 10cuft thats goin be 30inchs this just fo a single woofer

but if u wanna add 1 more woofer 18inchs or 2 more woofers 18inchs u gotta add more cuft space ? cuz i think 30inchs is enough

To answer you question about air space yes you have to add airspace for every sub you add.. So 5-10cuft for 1 and 10-20cuft for 2 and so on..

Now about the woofer.. The FI BTL is a huge sub but not all 18's are 18" tall it has to do with the motor and basket setup..

Then about your box you dont need to add 10" to your box height wise.. If your useing a 18" sub, on the side your mounting your driver only needs to be about 20" high or more if you want but 20" would work. Then your other sides would make up the diffrence in airspace..

Hope this helps you..

HU...Pioneer 5900IB

Wireing...Stinger

Amps...(1) Modded Stetsom 2K6..

Batts...(1) Stinger 2150

SPL Subs...(2) DD 9515 Hybrids

Daily Subs..(1) Mmats P3.0 15

N.S.P.L.

2012 NC State Record Trunk 1801-3600

2012 World Record Trunk 1801-3600

2011 NC State Record No Wall 0-24"

2011 NC State Record No Wall 0-24" Hardcore

2011 World Record No Wall 0-24"

2011 World Record No Wall 0-24" Hardcore

2010 World Record No Wall 0-2500w

2010 NC State Record No Wall 0-2500w

2009 NC State Record No Wall 0-24"

2009 NC State Record No Wall Hardcore 0-24"

To answer you question about air space yes you have to add airspace for every sub you add.. So 5-10cuft for 1 and 10-20cuft for 2 and so on..

Now about the woofer.. The FI BTL is a huge sub but not all 18's are 18" tall it has to do with the motor and basket setup..

Then about your box you dont need to add 10" to your box height wise.. If your useing a 18" sub, on the side your mounting your driver only needs to be about 20" high or more if you want but 20" would work. Then your other sides would make up the diffrence in airspace..

Hope this helps you..

thanks man but why they put 5 - 10 ? i can pick from around 5 to 10 ?

and how do u measure the woofer ? from how tall it is or how wide it is ?

so if euch sub goin take around 10 lets say 2subs goin take a 20inch

4 subs goin take 30inchs

:D

thanks man but why they put 5 - 10 ? i can pick from around 5 to 10 ?

and how do u measure the woofer ? from how tall it is or how wide it is ?

so if euch sub goin take around 10 lets say 2subs goin take a 20inch

4 subs goin take 30inchs

:D

5-10 cubic feet is what the minimum and maximum requirements are for a box for that particular woofer. if your running a ton of power to them (over rms rating) then choose the smaller side. if your running less power, choose the larger side.

manufacturers generally measure sub sizes from surround edge to surround edge. the actual cone area width of an 18 could be 16" because the extra 2 inches are taken up from the 1" surround. but the outer edge of an 18 can be 19" in some cases because of the way the frame/basket was built.

also i dont know where your getting 10 inches and 20 inches and 30 inches from. i think your confusing inches with cubic feet

5-10 cubic feet is what the minimum and maximum requirements are for a box for that particular woofer. if your running a ton of power to them (over rms rating) then choose the smaller side. if your running less power, choose the larger side.

manufacturers generally measure sub sizes from surround edge to surround edge. the actual cone area width of an 18 could be 16" because the extra 2 inches are taken up from the 1" surround. but the outer edge of an 18 can be 19" in some cases because of the way the frame/basket was built.

also i dont know where your getting 10 inches and 20 inches and 30 inches from. i think your confusing inches with cubic feet

thanks man but u sure about this one cuz i think its the other way around just tryin make sure

if your running a ton of power to them (over rms rating) then choose the smaller side. if your running less power, choose the larger side

and one last question how do u measure the right port size for a box

Archived