ok so ive been doing some thinking for the upcoming compitition this year and feel that instead of using 2 10'' im going to try and use 3 15'' subwoofers make by ken. now my plan is to take the passenger seat out and have the box come up about 25'' or more and have it that much in depth until it gets to my seat then drop down to like 9'' TD and BD. have the port or ports behind my seat and the subs facing the dash. or should i have the sub facing up? this is when i start to have a problem. im not sure how i should face the subs or how to get the BEST spl score along with decent demo sound. this set up will be in my truck for about 2 weeks only, then will strip it out and put the 2 10'' in there. lmao i know , dont say anything

so any thoughts from anyone, heres that cab of the truck

Picture003-1.jpg

the box will be designed the same behind my seat, but as soon as the box passes my seat its shooting forward not back this time

102_2246.jpg

you can see with this photo just how much i can extend the box, so im thinking more than 25'' i have to go take some measurments tom morning

102_2245.jpg

the box is going to pretty much take up the passenger seat side, strickly for comp only

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

that looks like a good idea to me

im not sure if there are rules against it though

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

that looks like a good idea to me

im not sure if there are rules against it though

talked to ken and he said as long as i have somewhere to sit. but ill look into it more before i get the other 2 15''. and sorry everyone on the post, i have no clue how and why there are three of these topics ...... didnt do that on purpose

1 3500d AQ amp

its innovative and id really like to see it. i think it would have good results too. considering where the subs or ports can be placed. play your cards right and itll almost be like a port score haha

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

its innovative and id really like to see it. i think it would have good results too. considering where the subs or ports can be placed. play your cards right and itll almost be like a port score haha

yeah i plan on finding out just how close the subs can be to the port and still be legal. lmao should get a good score that will be hard for anyone to beat in my class. would this be considered modified? or no? box will not be higher then the window lining but will be pretty far up like even with the front of seat or to where the consol comes in the pic. was looking into it more last night, I might, key word might get 3 15'' in there, if not 2 is a deff on this

1 3500d AQ amp