Second Skin Audio

What is the best way to fire a port in a car trunk...

I drive a 2009 Nissan car... back seat does not come down(only removes completely)... the back wall of the trunk has a nice size hole cut in the metal... (looks like Nissan built the car for the pull down seat option, however I didn't pick this package up when I purchase the vehicle)Now to the question. my box and woofer and port is firing to the trunk lock... You can hear muffled sound and you can hear the tone difference once it hits the cab of the car. I was told by this ledgie box builder guy that if I turn my sub box around so that my sub and port is facing my back seat this will give me an over all better sound in my system... The way he described what to do sound logical, but what does everyone here think?

HU: Kenwood KDC-MP745U.

Sub: AQ HDC 15

Amp: Hifonics BXi 1610D for sub, ZXi 6410 for mids highs

Speakers: 6.5 premium MB Quarts components,6.5 MB Quart premium coaxial back doors

Wiring: KLMX Kable 1/0g for Big 3.Double up 4g from battery to trunk...for now.

Big 3: YUP!

Battery: Shuriken SK-BT35 to the trunk.

Randoms: Flush mounted Stinger blue digital voltmeter. Flush mounted Memphis 7band EQ- 16-EQ50. phoenix gold 2 channel line driver.

design something so ur seats do fold down, or remove them, lol

nothing is really gonna help when all the pressure is sealed up in the trunk, might sound a little better but its not gonna make much of a difference when u basically have soundproofin between the trunk and you

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Yea, if I was in your shoes I would cut a small hole in the middle of the seat and design a 4th order and have it firing through hole.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

lol exactly what i'm doing.

What are you doing cutting a whole in the seat and having the port fire through the whole in the seat?

Speakers: 6.5 premium MB Quarts components,6.5 MB Quart premium coaxial back doors

Randoms: Flush mounted Stinger blue digital voltmeter. Flush mounted Memphis 7band EQ- 16-EQ50. phoenix gold 2 channel line driver.

is there a pass through to the cabin?

No pass through... This guy that told me to turn my port around and fire it to the seat anyhow said that I could shave off some of the foam were the port is at so it has less to pass through to make for sound to make it into my cab... Not sure.. going to have to research this because this box is a bitch to take in and out of my trunk!