I need to learn the basics about components.

Ben G.

Hey, I am finally looking into components for my setup. I would like to have really clear lyrics to songs,amazing highs..but not over kill, and good strong mid-bass. I am wondering what are some good brands for components. This will be going in my truck that i'm getting this spring....1998 chevy S-10 ex. cab. So i think in those there are 6.5's in the doors and 4" in the dash? IDK i could be wrong. Correct me if i am. I'm just wanting some ideas and opinions of what you guys would do in this situation. I'm looking into JL components. I have heard they are really nice sounding. I am also wondering what kind of specs you look for when buying components. Like where is the ideal efficiency? and otheres? Give me any input...thanks alot guys...Oh ya sound deadning your door? Does this inprove the sound of mids?...Ok thanks alot

Well stock there are 4x6s in the dash but im sure u can make 4's fit, and stock its 5 1/4s i believe in the doors, with some mods u could make 6 1/2's fit. EDIT: If ur gonna put a sub in that ride deadening ur doors is a must but thats IMO.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

doors are 6.5" and dash is 4x6". i have infinity components in my doors, infinity coaxials in my dash, and jl components in custom build kick panels. either infinity or jl are good components. there are other good brands too, but these are the 2 i have any experience with

Pioneer AVH P5900DVD

JL Audio XR525 CSi Components (Kickpanels)

Infinity Reference 6020cs Components (Doors)

JL Audio 12W7 Subwoofer

JL Audio e1800D Amplifier

JL Audio e4300D Amplifier

doors are 6.5" and dash is 4x6". i have infinity components in my doors, infinity coaxials in my dash, and jl components in custom build kick panels. either infinity or jl are good components. there are other good brands too, but these are the 2 i have any experience with

WOW! Thanks for the help bro. So you have Infinity 6.5's in your doors and in your dash? What bout tweets? Are those Infinity as well? So what size did you actually put in your dash? 4"???? And did you notice a really big difference? I'm going from a car with 6x9's in the rear and 5.25's in the doors...Also what speakers are ran off what amp? And what is your input on speaker amps? Is it really worth it to buy an expensive amp to run your speakers? Do you gain much? I can see why people do it, I mean if you got the money why not do it...Lol sorry for all the questions man. I am just a youngin. I'm 18 and have been into car audio since i was like 14-15 and I'm finally getting into the science of it. I straight up love car audio.

Archived