Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box help!


Ben G.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi, I just am getting to the completion of my own subwoofer. It's using a coil from an Re SX15 It is the dual 4ohm coil. It is using the magnet of a JL W6 18". It also uses the cone from the 18". Now this magnet is a flat bottomed magnet. It does not have any thing to prevent major bottoming. So i am curious what would be the ideal box for this? I know it is going to take a ton of time testing and trying different things. But with a sub that is going to have major excursion and not much room for bottoming what kind of box should it be in? I was thinking a tiny box so it has alot of pressure to resist the bottoming factor? Also a ported box could give it a cushion like effet, I would be worried about when the sub hits real hard though. I think it wouuld bottom out really hard core. This is my idea...I know there is alot more educated people out there. So please give me your input. Thanks alot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3126 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...