Voltage drop bellow 12v

I have a stock alt no big III with 4 gauge stinger with 60a fuse going to my back battery which is a shuriken bt-20 with a 8 gauge ground to the body. I have been having problems with my voltage dropping to 11.7 and sometimes almost to 11.2v. I dont know why my voltage is dropping like this when I only have a 200watt kenwood amp powering my 8 inch kicker free air sub. I dont have any 0 gauge for the big III but I have a ton of 8 gauge left. Any help is much appreciated. I just dont want any voltage drop.

1998 Jeep Wrangler Tj Sport 4.0L

Headunit:Pioneer AVIC-N2

Front Speakers:Boston 746

Rear Speakers:Boston CX-6

Speaker Amp:Kenwood KAC-526

Subwoofer:Kicker Free Air Competition 8inch

Subwoofer Amp:Kenwood KAC-428s

Wiring:Stinger 4&8 Gauge, Rockford Fosgate 16G

Big3 in 4 guage stinger and two 8 gauge stinger wire

Rockford Fosgate Battery Terminals,Connections and Distro Block

Rockford Fosgate Signal Cables

*UPGRADE COMING SOON ONCE SUBS AND AMPS ARE DECIDED*

New Subs Two Sundown SD1V2 10's

1st off, ground the back battery with 4awg to match the +.

that is really bad drop. might be clipping the shit out of the amp... not sure man.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I agree with the clipping. (How old is your alt though? maybe goin bad, or cant support the dual bats anymore)

Personally I run a "1000W" Kenwood amp (really only like 170Wx2ch @4ohm [rms])and I'm at 14.4V all day.

So I dont think its not having the big 3, and the 4ga and 8ga wiring (I have all 4ga).

IMO the big three isnt really necessary in this situation, neither is the 2nd bat.

Also, My buddy had a similiar problem with the "West Coast Customs" series of I think Orion amps.

It was giving almost no power to subs, but was draining his power supply to about 11.2V at the worst.

So probably clipping, bad ground, or faulty amp.

If you have another amp layin around, i'd hook it up just to see what kind of voltage dips you get with that just to rule out the faulty amp.

Rowan University Electrical Engineering

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Current Setup in my 00' Hyundai Accent:

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

RE.6.5C AUDIO 500w 6.5" COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS

Eclipse SE 6500 (6.5 coax in rear deck)

two Kicker C124's in a t-line tuned to 28.6Hz

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

Upcoming Build this summer:

T-Line enclosure for two C124's tuned to 28ish hz O_O

amp my speakers with a US amps 1600.4.

Second Skin Should be fun ^_^

I had another amp that I hooked up and it made the votage drop the same as the other amp. I have a 60amp fuse inline going to the back batt and a 30amp fuse going from the back batt to the amp in 8 gauge. If I double up the 8 gauge for the ground could that make a difference and ground it to the frame rather then the body.

And the reason I have a second battery is because I have KC Daylighters, Hella 500 Fog Lights, and a Warn 8,000lb Winch.

I had another amp that I hooked up and it made the votage drop the same as the other amp. I have a 60amp fuse inline going to the back batt and a 30amp fuse going from the back batt to the amp in 8 gauge. If I double up the 8 gauge for the ground could that make a difference and ground it to the frame rather then the body.

And the reason I have a second battery is because I have KC Daylighters, Hella 500 Fog Lights, and a Warn 8,000lb Winch.

Gotcha bout the second bat. And now we know that the amp aint bad. So.... yeah, make sure your grounds are all touching bare metal and not paint. Also, yeah, ground to frame and if you have no 4ga the two runs of 8 will work in a pinch. the fuses sound fine.

Give it a shot bro, worse thing that will happen is it wont work and you'll still have voltage dipping. Also, IMO, you can do the big three with 4ga or 2ga. not everyone needs 1/0 ga for that. (not everyone is running h/o alternators and 10kW systems).

whats the voltage like before you turn your system on btw? Is it normal, low, fluctuating? anything unusual?

Rowan University Electrical Engineering

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Current Setup in my 00' Hyundai Accent:

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

RE.6.5C AUDIO 500w 6.5" COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS

Eclipse SE 6500 (6.5 coax in rear deck)

two Kicker C124's in a t-line tuned to 28.6Hz

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

Upcoming Build this summer:

T-Line enclosure for two C124's tuned to 28ish hz O_O

amp my speakers with a US amps 1600.4.

Second Skin Should be fun ^_^

Gotcha bout the second bat. And now we know that the amp aint bad. So.... yeah, make sure your grounds are all touching bare metal and not paint. Also, yeah, ground to frame and if you have no 4ga the two runs of 8 will work in a pinch. the fuses sound fine.

Give it a shot bro, worse thing that will happen is it wont work and you'll still have voltage dipping. Also, IMO, you can do the big three with 4ga or 2ga. not everyone needs 1/0 ga for that. (not everyone is running h/o alternators and 10kW systems).

whats the voltage like before you turn your system on btw? Is it normal, low, fluctuating? anything unusual?

id say my voltage is around low to mid 13s and in the morning it sits at 14v easy

yeah, i'd recommend 4 gauge for the big three and a 4 gauge run to the back battery, and a 4 gauge ground to the frame.

knukoncepts has cheap and good 4 gauge wiring, and terminals can be had for mad cheap on ebay.

everyone solders their 1\0 gauge but i do it for all my terminals, and i'd recommend it to you to.

you can follow the 1\0 tutorial that's stickied in this forum.

if you can, drill through the floor of your truck and grind or clean a part of the frame, and ground the battery to that.

make sure you put a rubber grommet on the opening where the wire comes through, though.

run at least 8 gauge from the rear battery to the amp but i'd do 4 ... it's not like 8 feet of 4 gauge is that much more than 8 feet of 4 gauge.

running good, solid and clean you should have 0 problems.

make sure you report back and tell us how it went!