Sundown Audio

Amplifier Causing engine noise

there are two types of spark plugs...

resistor and non resistor. i was hoping someone would also chime in cause im not 100% sure, but i believe the resistor type will help suppress engine noise in your elec. system. i thuoght from reading on here that hifonics where desent amps, everyone sure seems to use them. trying grounds from head unit to your amps is easy and cheap. also borrowing/swapping out another amp to see if its your amp would be easy ways to figure it out.

my money is still on grounds.

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

when i had a cheap amp (this is a low level hifonics) the gain affected my engine noise. every quality amp ive had doesnt have any engine noise difference with the gain.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I too had problems solving noise in my speakers, I did everything new grounds, ground RCA's, Ground HU, etc..... but nothing fixed it, then I decided to try a Stinger Ground Loop Isolator and I hooked it up between my amp and my RCA's and the noise was gone and the speakers sound exactly as they did before.

You can get one from here

http://www.darvex.com/SGN20/Stinger+Ground+Loop+Isolator.html

I know it worked for me, and it is only 10 bucks.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Check this site out, I swear by it and it will probably solve your problem. Ten Commandments of Power

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move!

haha ive seen that site, it what made me try turning the gains down. I also did try a ground loop isolator idk if it was because it was from radioshack but it made the whine worse and added a loud hum too. really weird. I think a better quality amp is my best bet. Im liking the RF P400, but are some other good brands??

haha ive seen that site, it what made me try turning the gains down. I also did try a ground loop isolator idk if it was because it was from radioshack but it made the whine worse and added a loud hum too. really weird. I think a better quality amp is my best bet. Im liking the RF P400, but are some other good brands??

The ones from RadioShack are very low quality, and actually kill your midbass, try the stinger one, I am about 95% sure it will fix your problem.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

Ok i am going to try the singer isolator. just to double check i hook that up right before the amp? Then there looks like there two wires too, do i ground those wires?

I didnt have to use em, it fixed my problem just by hooking em in line with my RCA's, they are there so if you still happen to have noise, then you can ground the isolator using those wires. The package comes with pretty good instructions on what to ground to if you have to ground the isolator.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ