Cannot get Windows 7Ultimate to install on my pc

look on window's website about problems with upgrading win XP. I remeber hearing that you have to upgrade some things first and then it "magically" works lol.

I saw this in my gf's win 7 upgrade disk instructions. And I kinda went... "wtf?..."....

i tried to upgrade XP to 7...you cant do it, its not possible. you gotta reformat the disk then install 7. the only upgrade you can do is from vista to 7

i tried to upgrade XP to 7...you cant do it, its not possible. you gotta reformat the disk then install 7. the only upgrade you can do is from vista to 7

When i installed 7 on my netbook and my girlfriends laptop which both ran XP Pro it upgraded just fine and still works great to this day. It put a folder in the program files that had my old xp programs in there.

01 Crown Vic

Kenwood HU

iPad mounted

MTX 1501D amp

2 12" MTX 7500 subs

Stock alt and batt

http://www.youtube.com/user/jasonleshuk/videos

Well, I just moved all the stuff i want to save to another hard drive on my pc and im gonna give it another go and see what happens. I'll let you guys know what the outcome is. Also, Thanks for everyones input to help me with this!

01 Crown Vic

Kenwood HU

iPad mounted

MTX 1501D amp

2 12" MTX 7500 subs

Stock alt and batt

I finally got it to work. In the process of trying to get my pc to boot from the disc (Which never happened). I somehow screwed up my XP because it would not load anymore. So i wiped my Hdd clean and tried again to boot from the disc. No luck! So i reinstalled XP and made my 4Gb flash drive bootable and succesfully upgraded from XP to 7. Don't know how or why that worked but it did, and i'm glad thats over with! Thanks for everyones help!

01 Crown Vic

Kenwood HU

iPad mounted

MTX 1501D amp

2 12" MTX 7500 subs

Stock alt and batt

I finally got it to work. In the process of trying to get my pc to boot from the disc (Which never happened). I somehow screwed up my XP because it would not load anymore. So i wiped my Hdd clean and tried again to boot from the disc. No luck! So i reinstalled XP and made my 4Gb flash drive bootable and succesfully upgraded from XP to 7. Don't know how or why that worked but it did, and i'm glad thats over with! Thanks for everyones help!

why didnt you extract the win7 dvd image to the flash drive in the first place lol (faster than installing via optical). and the reason xp wouldnt start is prolly do to a messed up MBR. common accident and easily fixable via cmd

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

why didnt you extract the win7 dvd image to the flash drive in the first place lol (faster than installing via optical). and the reason xp wouldnt start is prolly do to a messed up MBR. common accident and easily fixable via cmd

I tried that and found out my motherboard does not support booting from a usb. I had to load it from a flash drive because the disc would just spin an make noises and never read.

01 Crown Vic

Kenwood HU

iPad mounted

MTX 1501D amp

2 12" MTX 7500 subs

Stock alt and batt