I would think muriatic acid would work. Its readily available at Lowes

ive actually read that you can dip them in muriatic acid... but id have to do a little research before im ready to work with that stuff...

Sorry to say but there is no magical solution to remove the chrome...Your gonna need to sand it down good.Depending on the piting possible get buy with 220 and finish with 320 then prime ,then wetsand with 600 then paint.

yeah... at this point im using that as a last resort... im not thrilled about trying to sand all that chrome off..lol

would a wirebrush bit in a drill work? just a suggestion. idk how it would affet the metal under the chrome though. just a thought man. nice rims btw

i also thought about that... but i have a feeling that the wire is a stronger metal than the alloy wheels... meaning it would most likely hurt the rim... i may end up trying it though... and thanks for the compliment!... i just couldnt pass it up for a hundred dollar bill

well i bought some easyoff oven cleaner... and im trying it in a small spot on the back to see if it will work

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

ive actually read that you can dip them in muriatic acid... but id have to do a little research before im ready to work with that stuff...

yeah... at this point im using that as a last resort... im not thrilled about trying to sand all that chrome off..lol

i also thought about that... but i have a feeling that the wire is a stronger metal than the alloy wheels... meaning it would most likely hurt the rim... i may end up trying it though... and thanks for the compliment!... i just couldnt pass it up for a hundred dollar bill

well i bought some easyoff oven cleaner... and im trying it in a small spot on the back to see if it will work

if anything just hit a spot on the back of the rim like one of the spokes or the inner rim where the spots still are. do it light so you ont dive into a nice burred up rim lol.

Good luck. and i dont know about that easy off. i used to use it to take anodizing off of rc car parts and my clutch hanle on my klx. i aint sure if itll work or metal on metal. but like i said good luck man

ok well i dont think the easy off is working... i tried a spot on the inside of the rim and it has done absolutely nothing but make it clean.... im going to let it set awhile longer... also... sanding is pretty much a no go... i tried sanding on one of the spokes and wore my arm out... i guess we have to keep in mind that we have 3 layers of metal to go through before we hit the alloy rim... anyways im about done messing with it for the day... i will probly try a wire wheel on the drill next... if that doesnt work im going to have to try the acid...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

ok well i dont think the easy off is working... i tried a spot on the inside of the rim and it has done absolutely nothing but make it clean.... im going to let it set awhile longer... also... sanding is pretty much a no go... i tried sanding on one of the spokes and wore my arm out... i guess we have to keep in mind that we have 3 layers of metal to go through before we hit the alloy rim... anyways im about done messing with it for the day... i will probly try a wire wheel on the drill next... if that doesnt work im going to have to try the acid...

yeah by hand your DEF not going to take the chrome off, need an air sander or like you said maybe that drill and wire wheel, but it gonna be a PITA to get the chrome off. GL

Find a place that does sand blasting or can dip them in an acid bath.

they charge 100-150 bucks per wheel to strip the chrome in a dip... for that price i could go by the rims new...

its looking like im going to have to do my own muriatic acid dip

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

Aircraft Remover doesnt work either....

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

i use muriatic(sp)acid all the time to clean the bottoms of boats. it eats the algae off real good.

dont know about chrome. i can tell you eye protection, gloves and breathing mask of some kind is a must. no mandatory. that stuff is no joke ,it burns(itching type burn) and will take your breath away if you inhale it. also would recommend a fresh water source near by to wash hands and such just in case you get it on you. i get mine from true value hardware store. personally i would try to find some one with a bead/sand blaster like from harbor freight. good luck and be safe

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!