Sonic Electronix

Alright, well i'm very very new to the whole car audio scene, and know very little. I figured that having questions, this would be the best place to get them answered, so here goes...

I was wondering, if there would be ANY way to get a new head unit, amp, 1-2 subs (10-12's maybe), box, and wired for about $800-$1000 and it still sound good? I'm not wanting a super bad-ass system that you can hear from 4 miles away, but i would like for the people next to me in traffic to be at least a slight bit irritated.

I'm driving an 08 Chevy Silverado.

pictures131.jpg

So if it's possible, then could someone please recommend a good set up for around that price?

Thanks,

Jamie

I would check out 2 DD1508's($175 a piece from my dealer) or 2 Sundown Sa-8's($119, not sure if they have started shipping tho), could get a box(not sure on prefab prices)or make one(for like 30 bucks worth of wood) to go under your back seats...Sundown Sae-1200d for like $275...I've heard good things about the Pioneer Premier DEH-P510UB h/u which is $145 on ebay...and if you did the wiring yourself, you can get a 4 gauge Knukoncepts kit for 50 bucks...hope that helped

Edited by NcHalfrican

Alright, well i'm very very new to the whole car audio scene, and know very little. I figured that having questions, this would be the best place to get them answered, so here goes...

I was wondering, if there would be ANY way to get a new head unit, amp, 1-2 subs (10-12's maybe), box, and wired for about $800-$1000 and it still sound good? I'm not wanting a super bad-ass system that you can hear from 4 miles away, but i would like for the people next to me in traffic to be at least a slight bit irritated.

I'm driving an 08 Chevy Silverado.

pictures131.jpg

So if it's possible, then could someone please recommend a good set up for around that price?

Thanks,

Jamie

yea you could do it

get two 12's off craigslist in box already and make sure they are running good and everything - round that to maybe 300-400 dollars? dont know really

then get a amp for like 300-400

headunits can be cheap so for now say 150

so thats 750-950 right there without wires and install fees unless you do it yourself..

and depending on exactly what you want those prices will change

i think it could work.. but some of these other guys on here probably know better than me im just telling you what i think

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

But your gonna need something that is gonna fit under that seat arent you, or are you gonna take out the seat?

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I talked to my Uncle just a minute ago, he said he can get me two 12" Kicker Comps, Rockford Fosgate amp, and an under-seat box for around $450, wiring and install included. (he knows a guy, :D)

Sound like a deal?

if the woofers and amp are all in good condition, sounds like a pretty damn good deal