Second Skin Audio

up grade help

I am looking to improve on my system. i am in a very small town and have no help. I bought all my stuff of ebay as i have no stereo shops within 80 miles. I thought i knew what i needed until i found this forum and realized what real stereo equipment is:) i have had all rockford systems for the past 20 years. i think i want re not sure sex or sxx 12 or 15, 2 or 4. my curent is a box i built of re site. 1.5 thick everywhere was a little heavy for p 3s12 34hz 50x17x17 t4004, t1000, 10frad digital cap, all 0 gauge wire, 2 yellow tops, mb quarts 6.5 premiums front and rear, alpine 9887. i am trying to make new fiberglass door panels with 8in bottom. i have owned a fiberglass repair buisness for 10 years. sorry, i'm a fiberglass guy, and not computer friendly. this is my first time replying, been reading 2 months. my area to work with is 50 wide 31 top of seat to tail gate top of seat is 24 here is my box and amp rack i built my self. the vehicle is a 93 full size Bronco. any help on new system will be greatly appreicated.

yellowfin011.jpg

yellowfin009.jpg

yellowfin004.jpg

Edited by justified

that setup looks effin sweet.. no like... i love a good fiberglass job...

and even if you're not a computer guy if you can figure out how to post and to post pictures your already way ahead of a bunch of people on here.

now.. you're asking what RE subs you should get?

and if i read that right.. it's 50" wide, 31" deep, and 21" tall that you have to work with...raw that's about 18 cubes... hehe more than enough space. are you gonna upgrade your sub amp with the new subs and new box?

Thanks, i'm not so concerned with the budget. i already have 1 T1000, and i wouldn't mind purchasing another. it's not unlimited by any means, but i can pretty much get what i decide i need.

i mostly listen to rock, this is my daily driver, but i still like to bass out with my older sons once in a while.

i've never heard REs in person. i've just see them online. my P3s sound perfect on the rock i listen to, the mid bass was a little lacking, that is what the 8s are for. 40Hz-100Hz.

I am thinking 2 RE SXX 12 or 15, with 1000 on each, or 4 SEX 12 with the 2 1000s. which would performbest?

or maybe T1s? i thought REs would have better sound quality. but i just don't know. it's hard to buy them when you've never heard them.

that setup looks effin sweet.. no like... i love a good fiberglass job...

and even if you're not a computer guy if you can figure out how to post and to post pictures your already way ahead of a bunch of people on here.

now.. you're asking what RE subs you should get?

and if i read that right.. it's 50" wide, 31" deep, and 21" tall that you have to work with...raw that's about 18 cubes... hehe more than enough space. are you gonna upgrade your sub amp with the new subs and new box?

What would I need four a hair trick.

a hair trick? lol. you'd need to move a shitload of air. that's what a hairtrick is... the hair floats in the window because there is so much air moving in and out of the vehicle window so quickly.

you'd need like ... 4 15s AT LEAST in a really well designed ported box and a shitload of power (8k+) and more electrical upgrades.

a hair trick? lol. you'd need to move a shitload of air. that's what a hairtrick is... the hair floats in the window because there is so much air moving in and out of the vehicle window so quickly.

you'd need like ... 4 15s AT LEAST in a really well designed ported box and a shitload of power (8k+) and more electrical upgrades.

thanks I already hav 1 240 amp alt dont think i want that much power would 2 sxx out perform 4 sexs. My other ? 2 12 take the same power as 2 15s same series not sure witch way to go.

your 2 12s take the same power as the 2 15s in the same series because they use the same coil and the same magnet. (usually, but I don't know about RF)

and the 2 SXX would be louder than the 2 SEX woofers but only if you had the power to push them with. on that t1000 the 2 SEX would be louder.

your 2 12s take the same power as the 2 15s in the same series because they use the same coil and the same magnet. (usually, but I don't know about RF)

and the 2 SXX would be louder than the 2 SEX woofers but only if you had the power to push them with. on that t1000 the 2 SEX would be louder.

I ment 2 sxx on a 1000 each or 4 sex on 2 1000s sorry on the east coast getting tired, Thanks for the reply.

hmm. that's interesting.

well cone area beats everything every time.. there's just no substitute for it.. just like cubes in a big block chevy...

so i'm gonna go with 4 SEX on 2 t1000s. design an awesome box for it and you'll be movin good.